Chapter 7

“You are not seriously going to stay here all night, are you?” Dylan asked me when he came into his room at eleven to get to bed.

I was sitting on the floor with my back against Eros’ bed, chatting online with Anne. I looked up disturbed, and sighed when I saw Dylan’s angry face. “The guy needs a babysitter,” I told Dylan while gesturing behind me at Eros’ softly snoring figure. “So I’ll just crawl into bed with him when I get tired. It’s the only way to make sure he’ll be sober tomorrow.”

“You do realize I’ll be sleeping just few feet away?” Dylan asked. “I can take care of him just fine.”

“I know,” I told him with a smile, “but now you don’t need to. He woke up an hour ago and I got him to turn the bond back on, so I will wake up as soon as he does. That way he can’t start drinking again before one of us wakes up.”

“But what if a teacher comes to check in on us?” he sputtered. “You know Eros has been caught with a girl after curfew plenty of times – we get night patrols every week!”

I gestured to my bag. “I got a bottle of a potion my friends made me last Christmas. It will wake me up when someone is near. I’ll just hide underneath the bed or something.”

“You really thought of everything,” Dylan concluded with a heavy sigh. “God, you are annoying.”

I flashed him a superior smile. “I know. Oh, and I got Leo to give me his schedule for the week, and Corey’s and yours too. Every single class Eros has this week is with at least one of you, so you are going to be on duty for a few classes every day. I will stop by after class to take over and if I need to, I’ll camp in here for the entire week. We need to get him through this as soon as possible.” I felt a little silly talking about a babysitting schedule for a nineteen-year old guy, but he needed it. I had been trying to figure this all out the entire evening had has only come up with the solution about half an hour ago. “I e-mailed you the classes and hours you are on Eros duty this week, so make sure to check your inbox first thing tomorrow.”

Dylan just stood there, wide-eyed. “You… you… wow.”

I yawned and stretched out my body. “Could you go get ready for bed now, so I can use the bathroom when you’re done?” I had all of my stuff packed in a bag that was currently in Eros’ closet, so I could shower and brush my teeth and everything in here. I had told Eve she could have Drew over this week, since I wouldn’t be in my own bed for at least a few nights. I just hoped there wouldn’t be any patrols at my dorm, since I had no way of making sure no one would notice I was not in my own bed.

Dylan grudgingly agreed and went into the bathroom to change into something comfy before going to sleep. I turned back to my laptop and laughed when I saw Anne had sent me three pictures of Hailey and Jen, fast asleep in Anne’s bed – Jen was drooling a little. They were having a sleep-over, which made me envious of all three of them. Spending the night with Eros while he was passed out from drinking so much was far from my idea of the best way to spend my night. My first night in bed with Simon had been sweet and comfortable and just… right. It sucked that I would now have to spend my first night with Eros with the stench of alcohol surrounding us. He looked pretty damn cute while he was sleeping, but it was not at all like I had imagined my first time sleeping with Eros would be like.

“Are you still there?” Anne asked on the screen.

“Yeah, I am getting ready for bed,” I wrote back while Dylan came into the room. I looked up and saw he was just in boxer shorts, his abs right there in front of me. I quickly diverted my gaze and whished Anne a good night’s sleep before shutting off my laptop and rushing into the bathroom with my bag.