Chapter 47

IMPORTANT: IN A FEW DAYS, A WEEK TOPS, THE FIRST BOOK (A BOND OF LOVE) IS AVAILABLE ON THE INTERNET - NOT IN BOOKSTORES, ALAS, BUT ON SEVERAL WEBSITES! BUY IT HERE: https://www.createspace.com/4799393 OR MESSAGE ME FOR THE LINK TO AMAZON!

Before I could do or say anything, Eros had already put Sheila in a headlock.

"Say away from her," he hissed, keeping a tight grip on her. "Don't you dare touch her again."

"Eros!" I chided as I rubbed my skull. "Let her go."

Eros pushed her away from him immediately, not bothering to check if she was alright when she collided with the wall. I brushed off his concern and hurried over to her. Sure, she was an awful bitch and she deserved a gaping head wound more than anyone, but I was still relieved to see she wasn't hurt. For her to be this wild and crazy, without any shame or prohibition.... Something bad must have happened and I needed to know what and why the hell she thought it was my fault.

"What happened?" I asked, meeting her angry glare head-on.

"You got my uncle fired," she repeated. "You and your stupid boyfriend. Always running around, doing whatever the hell you like. Do you ever stop to think about the consequences?"

My alcohol-infused brain wasn't able to grasp the exact meaning of all of this, but I did know that it would be very bad if her uncle Harry really got fired. He was pretty much the only person who cared for her, as far as I knew. Eros sure didn't, he even hadn't back when he'd dated her. Her own friends didn't even bother to support her, her ex-boyfriend Kevin didn't care about anyone but himself. And from what Mr. Hammerhead had told me, even her parents weren't exactly a great influence on her life. Honestly, I felt bad for her.

"What can we do?" I asked, offering her my hand to pull her off the floor where she'd collided.

She huffed and pushed herself up without much difficulty. "I don't want your help, you bitch."

Oh, now I'm the bitch? Take a good look in the mirror, Sheila.

"You're gonna fix this," she went on, starting down the hallway. "You created this mess, so you'd better make sure to clean it up before they actually fire him and throw him off the property."

"Do you have any idea what she's raging on about?" I asked Eros as we followed Sheila, unsure what else to do.

Eros shrugged. "Never understood a single thing about that girl, never will."

"I like her," Ben said with a wide grin. "She's feisty."

"You like everything with boobs and a heartbeat," Eros commented, smacking Ben on the back of his head. "Hands off, man, she's crazy."

"I can hear you perfectly, thank you very much," Sheila called, glancing over her shoulder. "Now stop talking about me and hurry up! You need to fix this."

I fell into step with Eros and Ben, wanting to be as far from Sheila as possible. As I watched her storming on in her casual outfit and her crazy hair, I felt a pang of sympathy for her. Here she was, a powerful, popular werewolf, walking through the hallways looking nothing like her usual self because of her uncle. She must really love the man.

Wait – I backed up my thoughts. A powerful, popular werewolf. Sheila was a werewolf, yet she was out on the night of the full moon, looking perfectly normal. No claws, no hairs sprouting from her smooth skin, no nothing. How the hell was this possible?

"Ben," I hissed, "you see her aura too, right?" Surely, she hadn't secretly been a witch all this time or something.

"Wow..." Benjamin's eyes widened. "She's a were? How can she-"