Chapter 52

~*~ 

Hey guys! 

Sorry for being gone for so long... 

Anyway... I found myself missing writing  A LOT and I decided that picking up Demona's story was as good a place as any to start getting back in the game. 

~*~

After our strange encounter in the in the feeding rooms, it was easy to convince Sheila to let us help her. She even agreed to come to Simon's surprise party on Tuesday to tell him herself. Turned out even psychopathic werewolves have a soft side for cute fluffy animals.

The party itself was quite nice, although it both had to start and end early, due to the regular week curfew. In the old days, we wouldn't have cared. In the old days, we might have even gotten away with getting caught, especially now that old principal Ottoman had been replaced by Hammerhead. It really was too bad that Board Bitch Bill was keeping such a close eye on every single one of us.

Still, Simon had a great time. I myself spent most of the time talking to Dylan, Eros and Sheila. About half an hour before curfew, we found ourselves in Eros' and Dylan's bedroom. I was with Dylan on his bed, while Eros leaned against the frame of the bed Sheila was sitting on. It was weird to think how different this scene would have looked a year ago. Sheila would have been all over Eros, Dylan would hate me, and I wouldn't even want to be in a room with any of them.

"I lost the ability to change over a year ago," Sheila told us, pointedly looking away from all of us.

Eros glanced up at her. "That would be around the time the two of us were dating, right?"

She nodded. "Remember that night I told you..." She swallowed visibly and fidgeted with her hair. "The night I told you that I..."

"That you told me you loved me," Eros realized quietly, "and I smacked a lamp into the wall and threw you out into the hallway."

Sheila cleared her throat and went on. "That night, I was going to tell you." Even though it was Sheila, I still felt bad for her. If she had been willing to share something like that with him, she must have truly loved him. "I hadn't been able to so much as change my ears in two months," she continued.

"But... how is that even possible?" I asked. "What happened?"

"Nothing happened," Sheila sneered. "My life's not that simple, Demona. One night, I just couldn't change anymore. No one knows how or why."

I almost said out loud that if she couldn't turn, she wasn't a true werewolf, but I caught myself just in time. First of all, she would probably kill me if I spoke up. Second of all, I could see her aura and it was most definitely a were's aura.

"That sucks," I said at last, when everyone else remained silent. "That truly, really, completely sucks ass."

Sheila laughed, not just with her voice but with her eyes as well. She almost looked like a normal girl. On top of that, she had always been stunningly beautiful – I could almost see what Eros must have found attractive about her. Aside from the huge boobs, of course. The thought that the two of them had done things... On the bed she was on at that very moment, the bed he was leaning up against... I felt sick to my stomach just thinking about it.

Eros caught my eyes from across the room and winked at me. He didn't say anything, but the look in his eyes calmed me down instantly. It didn't matter what had been, not really. He loved me, wanted me. It sucked that he'd been with a bunch of floozies though, while we couldn't even get close to going all the way together. Stupid, stupid bond.