Chapter 32

Four chapters in such a short amount of time... I'm on a roll alright!

This one's for someone truly awesome: MalcolmHagger9

Anyway, I hope you all enjoy it!

The name for Dylan's dad whas chosen by Jass_missmistic for winning the banner contest. ;)

=====================================================

“Energy.”

“Energy?” I repeated stupidly.

“We’re the freakin’ rock stars of energy exchange,” Dylan explained. “Why don’t we break out our winter gear and get to it?”

Simon, Eros and Carl joined us when we dressed up like Eskimos and headed out into the snow. I had trained Rennor in energy exchange the year before and it turned out he had already gotten some from his friends. But he was most certainly no expert in it and the exchange took so much energy from him that he barely ended up with more than before he started. When he saw me heading toward him with a big grin on my face, he immediately understood the plan.

“Good to see you, vampire queen,” he told me happily. “Please tell me you brought your friends to suck them dry of their energy.”

Suck may not be the right term here, but yes,” I replied. “Let’s get to it, shall we?”

Our way of working was easy yet efficient: I took energy from Eros and Simon without much difficulty and I could use Carl’s by grasping his arms and tapping into his aura. Since Dylan could only give energy, not take it – at least not as efficiently as I could – he didn’t partake in that part. For me to give Rennor energy, I would have to touch him. Dylan didn’t have that problem: he could channel his energy without needing any form of contact. So I held his hand and gave him all the energy I’d ‘harvested’. He let it flow into Rennor from afar, letting the vampire do his thing without us distracting him. When other students figured out what we were doing, they formed a line in front of me, so I could take a little energy from them as well. No one had to give much, but everything together made for a constant stream for Rennor to use.

With all of our combined energy, it was quite easy for him to create a clear path to the main entrance of the school. The windows that had been frozen shut could now be opened once more and the dripping clothes that people had hung in the main hallway were dry and crisp in no time.

Even more awesome was that I finally figured out why Dylan’s aura was more silver than black: it was the energy. Every time he channelled some into Rennor, a silver spark moved from his glow to Rennor’s. Now I finally got it, I could see silver pass from Eros and Simon to me too. It wasn’t visible in anyone’s aura until I pulled at it. Aside from Dylan’s aura of course, since he always basked in the silver light. It must be because of his power.

After two hours, everything was done. Even the cars that had started to freeze in the outdoor parking spaces had been carefully defrosted and moved into the underground parking lot. Everyone clapped and cheered when we were done. One of the older witches – a beautiful girl reaching her early twenties – showed her joy by letting a tiny tornado of snow swirl around us. It was truly mesmerizing and also... strangely inspiring.

I jumped in the middle of the snowy whirlwind and threw up my arms dramatically. The witch laughed and tossed her long red hair over her shoulder. She held up her hands and squeezed her fingers together to keep the wind circling me without obstructing my view. It was like I was in a private little snow storm.