Chapter 45

I was in the changing room putting my bikini on. We told everyone else that we were going swimming when they woke up and they seemed to love the idea. There was a major leisure pool near me with slides, rapids, the lot. I put my stuff in a locker with Reece, Chelsea and Blake. We tried to fit as much as we could in so that we didn't have to all pay a pound. We all walked through to the pool and we pretty much had the place to ourselves which was very confusing, it was normally so busy. Reece placed his hand on the small of my back as we walked past the pool to get in. We walked round the corner to the steps and I saw a face I wish I hadn't, Scott was here. What are the chances, it's like he knows my every move. Worst thing was, Alex wasn't, no one to back me up.

"You Okay?" Reece tustve felt me tense up, he looked in the direction that I was and I could practically feel his jaw clench, his thumb ran over the scar on my back before he turned me round to face him. "Obviously I wish he wasn't here as much as you do, but I say we play it different this time, show he doesn't bother us, don't give him what he wants babe" He pulled my chin up towards his face and gave me a light, gentle kiss. "Lets make him jealous" Reece smirked and I nodded as we got into the pool and joined the others, I looked over at Chloe who gave me a reassuring look and I just smiled at her. Reece was right, I don't want to show him that he affects me because he shouldn't.

"Can we go on the slides!" George was such a child sometimes, he was flirting with Chelsea quite a bit though.

"Come on then George" Him and Chelsea got out of the pool, everyone else joined them because they wanted to go down the slides, me and Reece stayed in the main pool but where getting pulled round by the wave machine.

"Come on you" He picked my legs up and wrapped them around him, I held him close as we moved around the pool. "I'm gonna miss you" I hated saying goodbye to him, I never knew how long it would be for.

"I'm gonna miss you too, I will come up to you next time" I swiped Reece's hair down over his face and laughed. I never realised how long his hair was, he's always got it quiffed up off his face. Before I knew it we collided into someone.

"Hey Megs, I feel like we haven't spoken in forever"

"Hey Cameron" Cameron is one of Scott's friends, obviously one of the boys he was with today

"How are you"

"I'm good thank you, yourself?"

"Yeah I'm good, just here with the boys, I take it that this is the boyfriend?" He looked over at Reece and took out his hand, "I'm Cameron"

"Reece" He shook his hand and held back on to me. I looked over and the rest of the boys were coming over, I know me and Reece said we'd make Scott jealous but I don't know if he's gonna be able to hold himself. All the boys said hi to us, Reece didn't let go of me, I felt comfortable and safe.

"Where's Alex today?" I asked, I wanted to make it as awkward as possible for Scott after all he's done.

"Well Scott said he invited him but apparently he didn't feel like it which is weird, Alex is always the one who likes coming out with the lads" I looked at Scott who was frowning in my direction

"Is there a problem? You staring, it's rude to stare" I feel Reece's grip tighten around my waist as I directed what I said at Scott.

"It's a free world is it not? I can stare at what I want" Scott always had comebacks I had no idea what to say to

"Not if it's not yours" I turned to look at Reece who was clearly getting angry, he looked at me and pulled me in for a kiss

"Oh my god Megan, your back! What happened" Cameron seemed really worried, of course I wanted them all to know how much of an asshole Scott is, but now is not the time.

"I just had a bad accident a couple months back, nothing to worry about" Scott seemed surprised that I didn't tell them all, Reece on the others hand will most likely be annoyed. "Anyways we're gonna go now, see you later guys" me and Reece carried on going round together, we got out when we got to the steps to go on the slides with the others.

"Why didn't you tell them Meg?"

"It wasn't the right time"

"Not the right time?! It was the perfect time all of his friends were there, friends that think he does no fucking wrong-" I hugged him just to calm him down, he doesn't need to get rattled up like this. I could feel him breathing and cooling off, "I just care about you Meg that's all, I can't stand the fact that he's still got friends and people that think the sun shines out of his arse"

"Babe I get that you care, but it's embarrassing for me, to have to stand there after so many months had past and that I forgave him after he cheated three times, and the fact that I still let him explain after what he did. It's my word against his and I know the scar is there but he can always deny it, I will when the time is right" he pulled me into a hug and kissed my forehead.

"I will always be here for you, you know that right?" I looked into his eyes and could see nothing but care and worry, I couldn't even picture myself with anybody else other than this boy right here. He's perfect.

"Of course I do, I'm always here for you too, come on, let's go to the slides" I took Reece's hand and led him to the stairs that took us to the slides.

I'm so lucky to have him by my side.