Chapter 31: The Chunnin Exams - The Forest of Death (Part 3)

{A/N: DON'T START THE MUSIC YET!}
*
Mayumi

I opened my eyes to see nothing but darkness. I activated my gold eyes to see Mika with a bow and arrow to my forehead. I tried to move but I was tied against the tree.

  I tried to move but I was tied against the tree

"Well you're an idiot." I said staring into her gold eyes while she couldn't see my own.

"What makes you say that?"

"I can see your dumbass pointing your stupid bow and arrow at me." I laughed.

"Watch your mouth. I have the advantage." She growled.

"Well what's faster?" I started as I produced gold and I listened to her gasp.

"My Kekkei Genkai or your stupid arrow." She was about to release the arrow and I swept my feet under hers causing her to fall, missing me, but barely.

The rope was no more and I got up looking down at her with the blindfold still on.

I watched her make handsigns.

"Earth Style! Mud Moat!" I quickly jumped up to a tree. So her jutsu is earth style, I'll try my best to keep away from the ground.

"Are you scared to face me Mayumi?"  She stared at me in the tree aiming at me with her bow and arrow.

"No way.  I'm just playing smart."  I smirked.  She released the arrow.  It got so close to my face the blindfold came off.

I jumped to another tree.

"I've trained my whole life in a way you couldn't even imagine!  You can't beat me!"  I growled.

"We'll see about that."  She had four arrows on the bow this time.

I dodged most but one scraped my arm and I lost balance a bit but quickly regained it.

The sound of metal getting in contact with my skin filled my ears.

"Gotcha!"  She smirked.

An actual arrow was in me.

"The difference between you and I is that I have been fighting my whole life."  She smiled.

Mayumi, pull out the arrow.  Get over with the pain now.

It's gonna hurt.

You idiot!  There are worse things that will enter your body.  Those needles Haku threw at you could've hit important organs or points in your body, she could've poisoned them.  But she didn't, you just got lucky that time.  Pull out the damn arrow and make her regret every word that has left her damn mouth!

I gritted my teeth and I pulled out the arrow screeching in pain.

I felt like I was about to cry but I couldn't..

"Mika, what the hell are you doing here?"  Gaara's voice appeared.

Do not let him make you feel weak, or I'll take over and kill him.

I landed on the ground and I dropped to my knees clutching my head.  I really wasn't ready for this.

"She's almost done.  I'll make it rain blood my love, Gaara."  Mika spoke.

My love?

Don't let this get to your head!

"Fine.  Finish quick."

{A/N: START THE MUSIC!}

Am I just nothing to you?

You barely know him.  And he clearly doesn't want to get closer to you.

I softly started to cry..

"Why is it so hard to find someone who gets me?"  I cried and whimpered.

Whenever I think I found someone, I'm always wrong.

You idiot!  Shut up!

"Pain...  It will never stop.  It hurts in here."  I moved my hand to my chest as I cried.

My father doesn't even care for me like a daughter. He's kept me in a cage. The rest of the clan was scared that the head had a daughter that was a monster.

My mother killed her self after giving birth to me and finding out I had the Golden Eyes.

Minako, my sister hates me.

The only person I have his Ren, but Ren's dying.

There is also the squad, but everyone is going there own ways. I can't keep up. And they are still all iffy about me.

Gaara

Her words were getting to me.

That touch during the written exam made me feel vulnerable.  I felt like she was using a jutsu on me, she was just a weakness.

But now I'm starting to see a monster within her and she's struggling.

Everything about her was bringing back sad memories.  I clutched my chest and dropped on one knee.

My fiancée Mika...  She couldn't even do that.

I don't know what love is being forced into an engagement from my father, because of a prophecy of a Golden Eyed girl.  Mika has Golden Eyes, but now I've found someone else who has brighter eyes than Mika and is struggling just like me.

Stop kidding yourself little boy!  Kill her!

The monster inside of me is always scratching to get out.

"Sigh... You keep weakening her idiot.  You'll get her killed out here!"  A darker voice erupted from Mayumi's body as she stood up.

"Just because you have everyone scared, doesn't mean you have me fooled with your eyeliner and nonexistent eyebrows.  I'll kill you to make her stronger.  Dumbass, she cares for you and doesn't even know you.  I'll change her because you don't give a damn about her and make her feel weak!"  The voice screamed and quickly left.

Why was the inside of me, hurting so much after those words?