Chapter 62: Not Safe

Sasuke

"Why... Why aren't you breathing?" I questioned her lifeless body. I stared confused. I don't understand. It feels like it's happening all over again.

My breathing fastened. Darkness...Blood..

Mother!
.
.
.
Father!
.
.
.
Itachi!!! Why?!

"Gaara... Why..?" I questioned feeling almost dead inside looking up at his monster structure.

I had it all.. And it was crushed...in my hand...It's all gone again.

I could see him whimper and clutch his head in pain.

"WHY IS THIS HAPPENING?!" He screamed in pain and I returned my attention to...Mayumi... or what was Mayumi.

I don't believe she's dead. She can't be.

"Hey! Mayumi!" I yelled and tears threatened my eyes. "HEY I SAID WAKE UP!!" I screamed. I felt like I was talking to a doll.

"Why.. does this always happen to me..?" I softly sobbed but quickly got up and wiped my face. This is my opportunity to take him down...for Mayumi.

Chidori one last time. If I do die, at least I'll be with her.

I screamed and roared in pain as I created my Chidori. It hurt a lot.

Gaara returned to his monstrous mindset and came lunging towards me.

"DIEEEE!!!" I screamed cutting through his arm. I dropped on the large tree branch and flat on my face. I was completely drained.

I felt my body burn as the curse mark grew. This is the wrong time.

Gaara was coming right at me. I never thought that I'd go out like this. At least, I get to meet her in the after life.

Gaara was kicked back.

Naruto appeared with Sakura and Haru.

"Sasuke!  Are you okay?" Sakura asked.  I couldn't move but a tear left my eye..

"May..." I whispered and Haru realized what I meant.

Haru turned and saw her lifeless body on the ground.  "What did you do?!"  He questioned scared.

Why does he think I've done something?  I'm not a monster..  Or am I..?

"It was Gaara.." I weakly spoke trying to get up. I have to get her.

"Wait.. Is she dead?" Sakura asked and I stayed silent. "No... She can't be dead.." Sakura whimpered nervously. She was scared. I could hear it in her voice.

"Sasuke, I'll get her. Don't bother moving." Haru stated getting up.

"DON'T TOUCH HER!!!" Gaara yelled staying guard of Mayumi's body.

"You...you have to get her..." I groaned. I coughed out blood... I was in an unbelievable amount of pain still trying to get up.

"Sasuke stop.." Sakura pleaded.

"No." I replied. She doesn't understand how much that girl means to me.

"SASUKE STOP! IT'S NOT WORTH IT. SAVE YOURSELF BEFORE YOU CAN SAVE SOMEONE ELSE!" Sakura yelled at me.

"I won't be safe...unless she's okay." I cried out in pain.

"..She's dead. How can I make you safe?" Sakura questioned. I looked up at her. She did have a point, but I still wanted to see Mayumi.

"Sakura..." Naruto called out..

"SAKURA!"

"WHAT?!" Sakura yelled replying.

"Who's that?"  Naruto asked.  I couldn't see but it was easy to assume that it was Gaara that he didn't know of.

This thunder head..  He just kept getting dumber and dumber.

I need to get up or we'll all die.

I was too late for Mayumi...  I won't let myself be too later again.

My ears started to ring..  and the whole scene before me because deafening.

I watched as Sakura stood in front of me to protect me from Gaara, but she was quickly grabbed and thrown into a tree.

Haru jumped away probably expecting her to do the same but it was too late when he realized.  He jumped down.

Naruto grabbed me and moved farther from Gaara.

Haru came beside us.  He held Mayumi's limped body and slowly placed it beside mines.

I stared at Mayumi and slowly placed her hand in mine.

"I'm sorry that this happened to you."  I softly said.

Mayumi

DING DONG DITCH!  I'M BACK IN THIS BI-
Why does it feel so dead and dark in here?
.
.
.
Ohhhhhhh... Yikes..