Chapter 51: The Day Before the Finals

Mayumi

I woke up early in the morning. Today was the day before the finals.

"Glad you are awake." Minako stood in the door way of my room.

Someone doesn't look too happy..

"What do you want Minako?" I questioned and she smirked.

"I don't want anything.. I don't understand why you keep training when tomorrow will clearly be your last. That girl from the sound will kill you before you get to Mika.. And if you get to Mika... I promise you.. You'll die.." Minako stated and my eyes widened from her words. She left on that note.

She has something up her sleeve.. The smart thing would be to quit and accept the fact you are a complete failure.. ORRRRRRR we can go through with it and you'll get completely messed up!

You better not be smiling. I'm not quitting anything. I'll face whatever I have to.

Easier said than done.

~ ~ ~

Today, I was gonna learn a lightning style jutsu..

So you've made up your mind.

I wasn't gonna lose to anyone. I feel more cautious.

"Hm... So I'm just realizing you are versing two people in the finals. And you were focusing on your second opponent." Toshiko spoke.

"Yeah.. So what?" I said and Toshiko got silent.

"Mayumi, your first opponent produces horrific sounds by opening her mouth. Do you understand how easily sound travels?!" Toshiko yelled at me.

Yeah... You aren't getting by her...

It'll be simple.

"The type of sound that girl emitted numbed her opponents body.  Once you are caught, it's over."  Toshiko stated.

"What do I do?"  I asked and she crossed her arms.

"What do you think I should do?"  I questioned.

Well I think you should rip her vocal chords out and you'll win.  Easy.  With my powers, I can easily get you there.

That actually doesn't sound that bad..

"I hope you aren't thinking about ripping her vocal chords out."

...

"..."

No.

"No."

"...You were, weren't you.." Toshiko growled.

"What if it's the only option?"

"You just have to defeat her before she speaks."

"Err..."

Howwww?!!!

Minako

"I gotta get that girl from the sound to lose her voice.." I stated.  I need Mayumi to verse Mika.

There she is!  She was sitting on a bench alone.  I wonder why...  Well actually...  Who'd want to be beside her.  She looks terrifying.

"Hey!"  I yelled walking to her.

"..."

Step 1:  Get her to talk.

"I'm Minako..  What's your name?"  I questioned with a big smile.

"Oh...  You're that girl that lost to the pipsqueak. You are such a loser."

Okay does she wanna die?

You know what?  Plan B.

"I BET YOU CAN'T SCREAM LOUDER THAN ME QUIET MOUTH!"  I yelled and I watched anger flow into the girl's face.

"WHO ARE YOU CALLING QUIET MOUTH?!  AHHHHHHHHH!!!!"

"AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!"

Perfect.