Chapter 71: Getting Stronger

Mayumi

I couldn't stop thinking about Sasuke.  His facial expression, it was scary.  It made me sad...  It made me feel weak..  Itachi Uchiha looked powerful enough that he shouldn't have been messed with.

Gai appeared after the whole situation.  He took Sasuke back.  I couldn't look at his face anymore.  When Gai took him, I just stayed completely silent.

I tightly held the straps on my backpack as I walked.  I'm feeling so useless.  I haven't used the Suzuki clan Kekkei Genkai for so long.

I've been so stuck on these golden eyes thinking it's the solution to everything.  It's not!

Then for the rest of this mission.  Don't use the eyes.

Okay.  But that also includes you not intervening and jumping in.

Deal.  If you die for good, fine by me.

"Hey...  He'll be fine."  Toshiko placed her hand on my shoulder.  I looked up at her and furrowed my eyebrows.  It's kind of hard to believe someone who said they got you in their hands to plot their revenge.

I feel sassy Mayumi coming on.

"You should really stop saying things you don't mean.  It might just backfire on you."  I frowned at her and earned her world famous frown.

You need her to train you. You won't get anywhere without her. I love the sass and attitude but come on.

I walked up to create distance.  I needed to be on my own.  I learned that we were looking for the final unknown member of the Legendary Yonnin, Tsunade Senju. She was the first Hokage's granddaughter...And Toshiko's second cousin, I think?

I watched Naruto from a distance as he looked surprised.

I moved forward and saw the village. "Woah."

~ ~ ~

"We are can separate for now. Jiraiya and Naruto will meet us up later." Toshiko told me as I bit inside of my cheek. I wanna be with Naruto.

Stick to her. Learn something from her. Maybe who Yuki really is.

I'll try.

Toshiko and I walked for a bit, through the busy village and bought some food along the way.

I started to drink some water.

"So is Sasuke your boyfriend?" She asked eating her food and I spit out the water. "What? You looked like you were about to drop this whole mission to go back for him."

"I don't have a boyfriend." I stated firmly.

*cough* GAARA *cough*

He thinks I'm dead.

*cough* No one cares you are still claimed *cough*

"Sasuke's a potential love interest?" She looked at me. I care for him. No doubt. But that doesn't mean I'm immediately in love with him.

I closed my eyes and sighed. "I'm Sasuke's potential love interest, not the other way around."

Ouch. I felt that.

"Interesting." She continued eating.

She brought up my love life, I'm about to bring hers. "So I heard you dated-"

"STOP. RIGHT. THERE." She stopped walking. She was mad. "Why do you guys keep talking about him?! He's not someone I should get back to even if it did come to that! He isn't even that good looking!"