Flowers | Otayuri

(Found this on tumblr and decided to write it.)

-TRIGGER WARNING-

Everyday.

He would give him flowers.

Otabek Altin was known as emotionless. Determination was the only thing driving him to win, and his heart was closed away. He was nicknamed as the Dark Horse of each season, from the mysterious and unapproachable aura he always possessed.

But then he met him.

Yuri. The fifteen year old prodigy who left the entire skating industry breathless. The flawless, angelic russian who captivated everyone once he was on the ice. The boy he once shared a ballet class with.

The boy who had the eyes of a soldier.

Otabek was entranced. For the first time in a long while, his heart had opened. What made this boy so special to him? What made him so unique? He had no idea, but he continued to adore him anyways. Yurio was a little oblivious, but it wasn't his fault, Otabek couldn't be more stupid when it came to love. So he showed his admiration, by a simple gesture.

Flowers.

Everyday, Otabek would go to Yuri's home and leave flowers on his doorstep. Flowers of any kind, roses, tulips, sunflowers. He always had his name down so Yuri would know who it was from. But of course, having his attitude, the young man simply thought of it as girly rubbish, and threw it away. There were often times where he would keep them, but always left it to wilt.

Otabek, however, didn't mind. He only smiled. He knew that Yurio was noticing him. And that fact alone made him happy. The first time Yurio had gone out with him, of course, he gave him flowers. Yurio complained, whining about how his house was filled with flowers by this time, and how his trash was too. Otabek only smiled, and said "Okay. I won't bother you anymore. I'll stop."

His smile was fake.

And so, the flowers stopped.

Each morning, when Yuri stepped out to drink coffee by his porch, there weren't any sunflowers to greet him by the door. At first, he felt a little bothered, but shrugged it off.

But as weeks passed, Yuri always felt uneasy everytime there weren't any flowers on his porch. So he rang Otabek up.

Hearing no response. Yuri only brushed the matter away. He was probably just busy

Otabek was busy for weeks.

Occasional times, as Yuri passed his house, he noticed it was strangely silent. Like no one had been there in a long time. Yuri could only see a silhouette. A dancing silhouette. It didn't stop swaying.

And so, this time Yurio was the one with a beautiful bouquet of flowers in his hand. It was finally his turn. Otabek would have been so happy.

But he would never know.

Because the very same bouquet that Yuri held was placed down on his casket.