Let's End This | Viktuuri

Prompt: After Yuuri says 'Let's end this

Prompt: After Yuuri says 'Let's end this.'

(I'll be taking things from what he actually said in the episode, but I'll be exaggerating the emotions to add more feels.)

"After the Grand Prix Final...."

"Let's end this."

-

It seemed like Barcelona had gone entirely quiet, as Yuuri uttered those words. His entire world was frozen in his place. Each move Yuuri made, Viktor was memorizing it. The way his hair fell in front of his face. The way his chocolate brown eyes darted around the room nervously. The way his lips quivered. Viktor tried anything just distract himself from the things Yuuri was saying. It was only Viktor, and his thoughts.

'What did he say?'

Captured in a state of confusion, Viktor began to smile nervously, his heart ramming against his chest. "H-Huh?" He said, his voice seemingly powerless for the first time. Yuuri was taken aback, he had never heard him sound so unsure before. Already, he was starting to regret his decision.

"I..." He looked like he was arguing with himself, and in some way, it was understandable. Because in the past years of his career, this had been the most difficult thing he forced himself to do.

"You've done more than enough for me, Viktor." Yuuri said, looking up at him. His voice had switched to a lighter tone, a more thankful one. He smiled. "Thanks to you, I was able to give it my all in my last season." He said. Yuuri fisted his hands, before bowing his head in front of the Russian. "Thank you for everything, Viktor! Thank you... for being my coach."

That was it. His entire world broke. This wasn't a nostalgic, heart warming moment like Yuuri was insinuating it to be. Suddenly, Viktor felt anger. In the time he spent with Yuuri, all he felt was love and happiness, joy. But now, anger was his dominating emotion. He stared at the beautiful bowing man in front of him, and he couldn't help but get pissed. How could he be so natural, so calm about this? Didn't he feel what he felt? Did Yuuri even care about him? Tears quickly filled his sapphirine eyes, making them shine like a crystal blue lake. They dropped down to the carpeted floor.

His tears looked like minuscule diamonds decorating his eyelashes, flicking away at the edges every time he blinked

His tears looked like minuscule diamonds decorating his eyelashes, flicking away at the edges every time he blinked. Surprised at the sudden droplets of water dripping aloft, Yuuri looked up and his eyes widened. "Viktor?" He whispered.

 "Viktor?" He whispered

"Damn..." Viktor muttered, his voice strained. "I didn't expect Yuuri Katsuki to be such a selfish human being..." He avoided Yuuri's gaze, looking down at the floor. Yuuri gulped. He never thought he would see his idol cry in front of him. "Right. I.. I made this selfish decision on my own." Yuuri said, agreeing with Viktor's words.

"I'm retiring."

As soon as he said that, more tears flowed down Viktor's face, his shoulders shaking a little. He bit his bottom lip, sileny cursing Yuuri for making him act like this. Yuuri sat there, mesmerized. He reached out, brushing Viktor's hair out of his face. Viktor narrowed his eyes. "What are you doing, Yuuri?" Yuuri pursed his lips. "Oh, I'm just surprised to see you cry." He said, with an expression of such innocence, that only made Viktor angrier.

"I'm mad, okay?!" He snapped, shoving away Yuuri's hand. Yuuri's eyebrows furrowed, confused by his reaction. "You're the one who said it was only until the Grand Prix Final!" He argued.

"I thought you needed my help more." Viktor muttered, avoiding his gaze once again. "Aren't you going to make a comeback?" Yuuri asked, diverting his eyes. "You don't have to worry about m--"

"How can you expect me to return to the ice while saying you're retiring?!" Viktor yelled, fisting his hands. Sometimes Yuuri could be so dense, he wanted to punch him in the face. He didn't understand, and that was frustrating him. He didn't know what life on the ice again would be like without Yuuri, and the fact that the same man couldn't care less, just made him annoyed to his core.

Yuuri stared back at him, his warm brown eyes turning solid and cold. He stood up. "I'm going to be making my own decisions after the Free Skate. It's your choice whether you want to go back." He snapped, before leaving the room and slamming the door loudly.

The room went silent, and Viktor was left alone. He stared at the place where Yuuri was before. He buried his face in his hands.

And cried.