Just Pretending (Prince x Anxiety)

From a prompt. 

Ever since Patton had convinced Logan to help him his attempts at getting Roman and Anxiety to get together were nonstop. The two were beginning to get very sick of it. 

Every time the two were in a room together Patton would make up some excuse to leave along with Logan, forcing the two to sit in awkward silence or struggle in an even more awkward conversation. They both were growing more and more tired of it. So one day, as the two of them were sitting together in the living room after Patton had dragged Logan out, they once again were left to start a conversation. 

"You've noticed what they're doing too, right?" Roman started, looking over at Anxiety. 

"Kinda hard to miss." He rolled his eyes, and shrugged. "I don't understand it though. I'm pretty sure that it's obvious neither of us likes the other." 

"Yeah." Roman laughed. "It's pretty obvious." 

He paused, staring at the ground and thinking. After a while he looked back up at Anxiety before speaking once again. "Do you think we should do something about it?" 

"About them? What could we do?" He asked. "I mean, if you have an idea that will make them stop then I'm happy to try it." 

"I do have an idea," Roman looked away again, laughing awkwardly. "It would involve us dating, though." 

Anxiety stared at him for a moment, trying to tell if he was being serious or not. "I'm sorry, what?" 

"Not for real!" Roman quickly defended himself. "Just so that they'll stop trying to get us together. We fake it for a little while, and then we pretend to break up. Then they won't mention it again." 

Anxiety seemed to consider it for a moment. "I don't know... Will they really be convinced?" 

"I'm pretty sure we can fool them. Don't you want them to stop leaving us to awkwardly sit together in a room? Because I personally feel a little tired of it, and I don't think they're going to give up any time soon." He pointed out, and Anxiety sighed. 

"Fine. But this fake relationship thing, it can't last long. I don't think I can even pretend to date you for too long." He teased, and Roman scoffed. 

"Please. Dating me would be amazing. You just wish it were real." He shot back and Anxiety faked a disgusted look. 

"Yeah, right." He shook his head. "Anyways... We should probably figure out how we're going to convince them anyways." 

**** 

Pretending to be dating the very person you hate was very hard, the two soon found out. In order for this to work, the two had to be close to each other, to pretend they were actually happy sitting in the same room. Neither of them wanted to immediately just say it to the other two, not only were they too embarrassed, but then they might catch on to it being fake. 

It was the morning after the two had decided to trick Patton and Logan, and they were both sitting at the table next to each other to eat breakfast. It wasn't anything super unusual, sure the two didn't get along but if there weren't any other chairs they would sit together. No one said anything about it, and the four of them went through the morning as usual. 

Roman realized that wasn't going to work, and so the next time he and Anxiety sat together, on the couch this time, he made sure to sit right next to him, with an arm wrapped around his shoulders. When they first sat down Anxiety was startled, and almost asked Roman what in the world he thought he was doing, but kept his mouth shut as he realized it had gained the attention of Patton. The parent was looking between them both, then to Roman's arm, and then over to Logan incredulously. The other appeared confused as to what had him so shocked, but Patton was quick to gesture in their direction.