Flowers Part 3 (Prince x Anxiety)

I've never written three parts off of something intended to just be a short little oneshot haha. But, people asked for it. At first I didn't really know what to do in a part 3 but my friend Winchester_At_Heart came up with this, so. I'll start writing and be quiet now. ^•^

It had been years since the two of them had first met, all because Virgil decided to doodle a flower on the popular kid's paper in class, just because he happened to be bored. The two had been together ever since Roman had awkwardly asked him out behind the school building.

Roman loved that he could be himself around Virgil, and not have to worry about what he thought of him. He didn't have to try and fit in or look cool in front of Virgil; he accepted Roman for who he was. A huge, adorable dork.

Roman had fallen in love with Virgil, and it all started with a simple drawing of a flower. He decided that this chapter of their lives, that he hoped to spend together with Virgil, should end with that too.

Roman's plan was simple, for the most part. All he had to do was write out his note, put it on the fridge and wait for Virgil to get home. After that things might get more complicated, but he couldn't wait to hear what Virgil had to say.

It didn't take long, and as soon as Roman heard the door opening he hid, not answering as Virgil called out to let him know he was there. Virgil eventually wandered inside to the kitchen, looking around confused as to where Roman had gone. He noticed the note, walking over to it as Roman heard his heart pounding in his chest. He took a deep breath, quietly making his way over to Virgil and getting down onto one knee.

Virgil was confused at first, he didn't understand why Roman wasn't there or why there was a note on the fridge covered with a bunch of flowers. Once he read what the note said he was shocked.

"My dear emo nightmare, this is the paper that started everything. It was what caused us to first begin talking to each other, and it is what eventually led to me falling in love with you. I think it's the perfect paper to use to ask you this question."

Virgil was confused by the end of the note. "A question?" He mumbled, jumping as he heard someone clear their throats behind him. He turned around, finding Roman there, on one knee and looking up at him. Everything suddenly clicked into place for Virgil, and he knew what was going on. He watched on in shock as Roman started talking, barely even able to understand his words as he was internally freaking out.

"Virgil, I love you. I love you so, so much, and you've always made me incredibly happy. You always make me feel like I can be my true self, and that means a lot to me. That's why I would love to spend the rest of my life with you," Roman paused, smiling nervously up at Virgil. "Will you marry me?"

Virgil laughed, but he looked almost like he was about to cry. "Of course. You're a huge dork still, you know that? You kept that paper for this long?"

"I'll always be your dork now." Roman grinned, standing up to kiss Virgil, holding him tightly. "I will hold onto that paper forever. It's how I met you, and I will always be so glad that that happened."

Virgil hugged him back, laughing again at him. "I love you," he smiled, his face hidden in Roman's shoulder.

Roman smiled, kissing his forehead. "I love you too."

This was really short but I really really loved the idea for this!! It was a super cute idea, I hope I wrote it well.