Meeting (Logic x Morality)

Prompt.

Patton was following Anxiety, quietly and impatiently. Anxiety was going to introduce him to two other friends he had, so they could all hang out and talk, and he couldn't wait. Patton had always enjoyed meeting new people, so of course he was excited to see who Anxiety would introduce him to.

When they finally got to where the four of them were meant to meet up, the first thing that Patton noticed was the very attractive man standing there, and he hoped that he would be one of the other friends Anxiety wanted him to meet.

"Hey," Anxiety greeted, smiling at the man and pointing to Patton. "This is Patton, and Patton, this is Logan."

"Nice to meet you, Logan!" Patton grinned, and Logan nodded back with a small smile.

"Yes, nice to meet you as well, Patton." He stuck out his hand for Patton to shake, and Patton took it. He examined Logan, and found he was doing the same. After a minute of staring the two awkwardly glanced away, cheeks flushed.

Anxiety shared a glance with his other friend, raising an eyebrow at Patton and Logan and shaking his head.

"Anyways, this is Roman." He introduced, and conversation carried on as thought nothing had really happened.

****

It wasn't long after that day, when the four had met, that Patton realized he was crushing on Logan. Just a small crush, he swore, and no one but Anxiety really knew anything about it. He didn't intend to say anything to anyone else, didn't think anything would happen. All four of them had become great friends, and Patton wouldn't dream of ruining that with his own silly feelings.

Of course, despite that, every time he spent time around the four of them he would get distracted by the way Logan laughed and smiled, mesmerized by his words as he spoke, lost in his eyes any time they happened to make eye contact. When they were hanging out together, just the two of them, he always wanted to just move a little closer to him, to sit by him. He wished he could hold his hand, hug him, kiss him.

Even now, as the two of them were hanging out together to work on a project, Patton caught himself gazing at Logan and tuning out his words while he was explaining. He quickly tried to pay attention, and figure out what he was talking about again but the more he tried to focus on focusing the less focused he actually was on Logan.

"Patton, can you even hear me?" Logan questioned, finally breaking Patton out of his thoughts.

"What? I'm.. I'm sorry, Logan, I've just been... very distracted today, I'll listen this time." Patton felt his cheeks light up, and he glanced at the ground away from Logan.

"Are you feeling okay?" Logan asked, frowning. "You're not acting yourself. In fact, you've been acting strangely around me the last few times we hung out as well. Is something wrong? Are you... upset with me?"

"What? Oh, of course not Logan!" Patton shook his head quickly, reaching out to touch Logan's arm assuringly. He decided not to, though, and blushed more as he pulled his arm away.

"Are you positive?" Logan seemed puzzled. "You won't even touch me, are you sure I haven't done anything to upset you?"

"Of course you haven't done anything." Patton mumbled, looking down at the ground, embarrassed. "It's just... well, it's just me. I'm just, being silly." He laughed at himself nervously.