Chapter 46

Finn stood under the book archway anxiously awaiting the sight of his bride walking down the aisle. He wasn't nervous, just excited to make Rory his wife. His mom walked into the room and joined his dad standing on one side of the aisle runner. They'd opted not to use chairs since the ceremony was going to be short and private, and Finnegan had told him about his and Amelia's surprise for Rory while he was getting ready. He was delighted to hear that Lorelai would be there; he knew Rory would regret it otherwise.

He heard "At Last" by Etta James begin playing and his breath caught in his throat as he saw Rory walk into the room on Lorelai's arm. It seemed like time froze for a minute when his eyes met hers. He hadn't known what to expect from her wedding dress, but even in his wildest dreams he couldn't have imagined the vision floating down the aisle toward him. She looked absolutely breaktaking - she was classy, ravishing, gorgeous, and a million other adjectives that his brain couldn't recall when she looked like that. The dress was just low-cut enough to make Finn look forward to their wedding night while still being classy, and it clung to her every curve. He'd never seen her look so amazing.

Finn smiled and leaned over to kiss Rory on the cheek as she and Lorelai arrived next to him. Lorelai hugged Rory and then placed her hand in Finn's as she wiped away a few tears. Finn took both of Rory's hands and they turned to each other as the officiant began speaking about marriage. Finn couldn't concentrate on his words, only on the woman in front of him.

"Finn and Rory, have you come here willingly and of your own accord to give yourselves to each other in marriage?" the officiant asked.

"We have," they said in unison.

"Finn, you may make your vows to your bride."

Finn smiled and looked into Rory's beautiful blue eyes and took in a shaky breath.

"Rory, I thought I was happy before you came into my life, but you have shown me what true happiness is. I promise to encourage your compassion, because that is what makes you unique and wonderful. I promise to nurture your dreams, because through them your soul shines. I promise to help shoulder our challenges, for there is nothing we cannot face if we stand together. I promise to be your partner in all things, not possessing you, but working with you as a part of the whole. Lastly, I promise to you perfect love and perfect trust, for one lifetime with you could never be enough. This is my sacred vow to you, my equal in all things."

He reached over and gently wiped the tears from Rory's eyes.

"Thank you, Finn. And now, Rory, you may make your vows to Finn."

Rory tightened her grip on Finn's hands and willed her tears to stop so she could speak clearly.

"Finn, you have shown me that there is so much more to life than I ever dreamed. I believe in you, the person you will grow to be and the couple we will be together. With my whole heart, I take you as my husband, acknowledging and accepting your faults and strengths, as you do mine. I promise to be faithful and supportive and to always make our family's love and happiness my priority. I will be yours in plenty and in want, in sickness and in health, in failure and in triumph. I will dream with you, celebrate with you and walk beside you through whatever our lives may bring. You are my person—my love and my life, today and always," she managed to say through tears.

"You may now exchange rings," the officiant said. Finnegan stepped forward the placed the rings in Finn and Rory's hands and then resumed his place next to his wife who was dabbing her tears with a handkerchief, as was Lorelai.

Finn took Rory's wedding ring and slid it onto her finger as he recited his vow.

"Rory, this ring I give to you as a token of my love and devotion to you. I pledge to you all that I am and all that I will ever be as your faithful husband. With this ring, I gladly marry you and join my life to yours."