CHAPTER 37

A week had passed since the incidents happened. And just a week away before their Graduation Day. Nothing much happened in that one week. Meaning, no progress was made in their current situations.

During the week, they were busy complying for the requirements they needed for their year–end commencement exercises. They were worried for Lisa not being able to march with them for she was currently in Thailand not able to pass all their requirements but when they went to the office to ask about that, they discovered that Lisa was secretly passing all the things needed in advance because her come back in Thailand was long planned and they were informed about it making Lisa to be excused for the rest of the school year.

Knowing that Lisa wouldn’t be coming back to march anymore, the three talked to each other about attending their graduation, they contemplated if they would still attend it too. They lost interest as one of them would be missing on that day. Their goal was to graduate at the same time, no one left behind, but now they figured that goal won’t be achieved anymore. Adding more rain to their already stormy states.

In that week, they just spent practicing for the graduation. No any sign of interaction with the boys were made. Even Rose and Jimin, the couple agreed with each other to stay and be with their friends unless there would be an improvement between their friends. They don’t hang out with each other that often unlike in the past, they figured it was more important to be with their friends especially now.

Although Jisoo and Jennie insisted that Rose should hang out with Jimin despite the situation, Rose still stayed by their side and never left them, same with Jimin. At school, whenever lunch time came, the girls would be having their lunch in the school’s mini garden, while the boys would still be in the cafeteria occupying their usual table.

There were times when they would be bumping into each other on the school’s hallway. Jennie would be greeting all the boys except for Taehyung, while Jin would just be greeting Jennie and Rose, leaving Jisoo behind. Just short greetings and after that no more. They would just pass by each other like they weren’t very close in the beginning.

Today, another Saturday came, Jisoo was in the kitchen preparing for their lunch while Rose arranged their dining table, and Jennie was in their living room, lazing around watching television. Some minutes later, Jisoo came out of the kitchen carrying their food. They occupied the seats and started eating.

It was another awfully quiet and dull lunch between the three of them. Rose would glance at her unnies secretly and sigh silently in dismay when their blank expressions didn’t change. Usually while eating, Jennie and Jisoo would be the bubbly ones, but now they were just eating like they have no other choice and not enjoying the food. And it bothered her.

She felt bad for them because of the situations that they were currently in, one of the reasons why she told Jimin that they should lie low with each other for now, and gladly Jimin agreed and understood her. She slowly put her spoon down and called for her unnies, “Unnies,” she said adding a bit of cheerfulness in her tone to lighten their mood.

Jennie and Jisoo glanced at her waiting for the next thing she would say, “Why don’t we go to the mall today?” she asked excitedly but her excitement slowly faded when she saw how they looked away and just continued on eating silently.

“Maybe next time Rose, I’m going to fix my application in SNU later,” Jisoo gently said, Rose just nodded in understanding then turned to Jennie.

“How ‘bout you, unnie? Let’s go shopping maybe? It’s been a long time since we did it,” Rose said with her bright smile but Jennie returned it with a faint smile and shook of her head.

“Sorry Rosie… I decided to… Do my laundry today,” after saying that, Jennie sadly looked down and avoided her friend’s eyes as she remembered that it was the same alibi Taehyung used just to not talk and avoid her that night.