Solipsism - Ss

"Well Y/N, if everything around me is all my imagination, then you're the best thing I've come up with"

~

Y/N, my best friend -who I soon hoped to be more- was always talking about things, mainly things she picked up from other people, just little conversations. But she always had such passion in the way she spoke. She thought I never listened and was always wittering on to herself; but she was wrong. In fact, I have listened to every single little thing she spoke about since we started school at Beacon Hills.

Her birthday will be coming up tomorrow, so I wanted to give her something special; something that I made.

For years I recorded every single thing she said, a page each. Wether it was days apart or weeks, each special conversation had been written down, along with a date. And it was special to me, probably just as special as it will be to her.

~

"Stiles? Are you listening?" Y/N asks.

"Yes, I am." I say, typing the note in my phone and then shoving it back into my pocket.

"Okay, what did I say?" She sasses, crossing her arms and raising her eyebrows.

"You said 'Solipsism is where you believe your mind creates the things around you' ha, beat that." I sass back.

"Good enough."

She unclicks her seatbelt and opens the door.

"I'll walk you to your door." I say, getting out my jeep and then walking right beside her to the door.

"Thank you, Stiles." She smiles, wrapping her arms around my neck in a hug.

My arms tangle around her waist and squeeze her "get some sleep, big day tomorrow. I love you."

"I love you too."

And with that, I'm left alone with the dim light of her porch and my twiddling thumbs. God, she's so...beautiful. I can't wait to give her the gift I've been waiting to give her for weeks. I've just got one more page to fill in.

~

"There!" I smile, holding the book up, quickly reading my sloppy writing. "All done." I close the book.

I take a quick glance at my digital clock which was placed messily on my bedside table. 12:56pm...almost time to send her a birthday message.

Placing her card on my table, along with her gift, I unlock my phone. The light of the background beaming on my face, it was us, pulling a stupid face for the camera. This has been my lock screen for almost a year, no exceptions. It's always had her in it, always her. But it was time to take a new one tomorrow, and I've got Scott to be there to take it for me.

'Happy birthday! I love you lots and your gift is waiting at mine for later on!' I send to her as the clock strikes 00:00.

Almost instantly she replies 'I thought we said no gifts, you know I hate surprises'

'What did I tell you about sleep? And you're going to love this one'

'Okay okay, goodnight, I love you lots too'

'Goodnight beautiful ;) x'

~

"Stiles, are you ready?" Scott asks.

"Of course not." I sigh, holding her things in my hand.

"Don't sweat it, she loves you."

"Thanks."

Scott takes his place behind her fence and gives me a thumbs up as I go to knock on her door. To calm me down, I look at the pink flowers growing up her porch. Perfect backdrop.

"Stiles?" She smiles and she shuts the door behind her "c'mon, my mum misses you."

"Wait, just. Here you go." I pass her the card first, waiting till she opens it.

"Ps, read the last page first?" She whispers, looking over at me.

I then pass her the little scrapbook.

She opens the last page.

"Solipsism; the belief where everything around you was created by your mind.

Well Y/N, if everything around me is all my imagination, then you're the best thing I've come up with." She smiles, then flicks through the book, stopping at random pages.

She looked up at me "you were listening." Tears were forming evidently in her eyes.

"Oh no, don't cry." I smile, pulling her into a hug "you weren't meant to cry."

"Thank you so much, Stiles. It's beautiful."

"Y/N, Y/M/N, Y/L/N, would you do me the honour of becoming my girlfriend?" I ask, smiling softly.

"Yes!" She leaps into my arms and then attaches he lips to mine, passionately.

"Got it!" Scott yells, holding the phone up.

Y/N gives me a questioning look.

"I actually forgot he was there," I scratch the back of my head "my new background, I wanted it to be special."

"You've made me the happiest birthday girl ever."

"It's all part of the package." I smirk, pulling her into another hug.

Kinda thought this would be cool, I probably thought wrong. I'm a mess lol, thank you for sticking around.

Nicole ❤️x