Chapter Thirty-One: You Hurt Me

I have neglected Heaven on Earth soo badly. I just dried out of inspiration at the moment for it, so pardon me on that. Anyways, on forth with the story!

“I just don’t understand.” Mr. Fritzle began as soon as we were seated down.

Of course, life threw me a nice ol’ fuck you when I saw where I had to sit. There were three chairs in front of Mr. Fritzle’s desk. This was set this way so whenever any of us students got in trouble, the parents could easily sit on either side of the middle.  Seeing as both boys were distancing themselves as far away from each other as they could, I was left to be in the middle. Yay.

“You two boys are amazingly bright and well-behaved for the most part. As for you, Jonah, I know that your mother would not be too pleased in finding you here.” Mr. Fritzle shook his head sympathetically, “I’m afraid I’m going to have to contact her after you all leave. First things first, however; we are going to find what happened and why.”

“It’s this arsehole’s fault.” Cameron pointed his finger at Jonah as he held his nose with his other hand. I sighed as the two began arguing again while I was in the middle of the shitstorm sandwich.

I left the room within five minutes when Mr. Fritzle realized I wasn’t really to blame for the fight. I would’ve preferred the room.

When I stepped out of the room, there were immediate eye sets on me while constant whisper filled the room. I was the talk. I couldn’t believe this. This was so cliché.

“I heard that she cheated on Cameron with Jonah.”

“Really? What a slut. I would have never cheated on a cutie like that.”

“I mean I can understand. Jonah’s just downright sexy.”

“It’s a wonder how either of them like her.”

I ran to the nearest bathroom. When I entered, there was a group of girls just talking about me who fled the scene at the sight of me. Just when I thought the bathroom was all to myself, out stepped Grace and Kylie from separate stalls.

I was shocked at the sight of Grace. Kylie, like always, was dressed fashionably and looked perfect. Grace, however, had mascara running down her cheeks, which were both bright red and smudged, like she had recently cried. Her hair was a tangled mess of blonde. The only thing that looked decent about her was her clothes, and even that was a bit messed up and not straight perfection.

“You bitch.” Grace cried out as she ran towards me with her hand extended out. I expected it, but I didn’t expect someone as scrawny-looking as Grace could pack that much strength into one slap. Regardless, I stumbled back, clutching my now red and sore cheek with my right hand. That would leave a mark, and my right side was always my best. Bummer.

“Grace, she’s not worth it.” Kylie held Grace back from further cat-fighting techniques and looked at me directly as she told Grace, “She’s a boy stealer. Always has been always will be.”

I stayed quiet as trickles of tears came rolling down my cheeks, one sore as I stayed holding it.

“But the thing is, Grace, it’ll catch up to her like it always does. Hopefully this time it won’t make somebody drop dead.” Kylie sneered at me and walked out with Grace as she tried to recompose herself.

Kylie’s last jab hit home. I know that I should’ve gotten over it with Jonah long months ago. Maybe it was because it came from Kylie, my enemy since high school began. Maybe it was because the sting of Grace’s slap was too much to handle. Maybe it was because I realized everything she said was true.