Chapter Thirty-Three: Big Misunderstanding

The year is 5000 AD. It’s been thousands of years since tacopaco9599’s last update. I’m just kidding but I’m also not. If you’ve seen my last statuses and past chapter, you’ll know about my entire computer situation. In the end, I did not get to recover all my data, so I had to get everything from Wattpad. Then I had to re-plan out the ending and then finally, just finally, I began to write in here. So here’s the new chapter, where I can hopefully update wayyy sooner than I did this time.

            I kept trying to call Beth after that, but of course, she never answered and even eventually, she turned off her phone. I was left speechless and shocked just staring at my phone.

            I didn’t get much sleep that night, but could you blame me? How would you react if your best friend completely misinterpreted something that fatally ruined your relationship? It didn’t help either that I couldn’t stop thinking about how I’d have to face her tomorrow, too. I wanted to think of it as an opportunity to clear things up, but I couldn’t see it. After everything, I wasn’t relying on luck to favor me.

            So the next morning I dressed in complete hobo attire. I wasn’t worried about appearances at this point. All I needed was to talk to Beth, but I needed to man myself up.

            “Okay, Rose, it’s simple. She’s your best friend. She’ll understand and listen to you. Just walk up to her and-” My mom interrupted my pep talk.

            “ROSE, HURRY UP!” I guess she still was cranky about how I was involved with Jonah and Cameron’s fight. I heard our door close and knew she left. I looked at myself one more time in the mirror (hair up in a messy bun, wearing my glasses, t-shirt, and sweats with converse-yes Rose, the totally fierce look of a confident person) before I turned to my bed to grab my backpack.

            “Everything will turn out good, everything will turn out good.” I mumbled to myself as I left my room, my eyes looking back at it one more time. I just wanted to stay…

            “Let’s go.” I told myself, actually believing things would sort themselves out. Did I ever mention how wrong I always am?

-=-

            “Beth,” I said a bit quiet when I first saw her in the morning, talking to Emi. I realized she didn’t hear me. “Beth.” I said much louder.

            She turned to me and immediately scowled before walking away towards the double doors that led to our hallway. I was tempted to follow her but judging by the look on Emi’s face, it was not a good idea. Instead, I walked up to Emi.

            “I know you’ve probably heard, but I need to make sure you know the actual-” I began.

            “I know. Logan told me. I believe you both.” Emi smiled a small smile at me and looked to her right, where across the cafeteria, was Logan talking to his friends. He looked…disconnected. We made eye contact and his eyes widened before he excused himself from his friends and began to walk over to me.

            “I’ll let you two sort this out.” Emi said before turning to her boyfriend, Marvin, while they talked to Chad and Sarah.

            “I didn’t send her the picture, just to tell you know right away.” I said immediately as he walked up to me.

            “Don’t worry; I didn’t come over for that. I was just wondering if you know who did.” Logan asked.

            “I’m about as clueless as you are. What pisses me off the most is we weren’t even kissing.” I said and looked around as Logan sighed. I caught Zoey staring at us, her face was all smug. Did she know Beth was pissed at me? Of course, she would like that.