Chapter Thirteen: Parties Can Be on Tuesdays

Okay, I didn’t have a major writer’s block this time.

“Oh hi, Rose.” Kylie smiled smugly. I did my best to act as if I was going to throw up just by her being in front of me. Nevertheless, I acted polite. And it wasn’t just because there was literally a mob of people surrounding us as if we were about to fight (or that they had nothing better to do and were fascinated by us for some reason).

            “Hello, Kylie.” Gross.

            “So I heard you’re having a party at your house this Friday?” Kylie asked as Grace sauntered from talking to Jessica to reside right beside Kylie. Great, now I have the bitchsquad to gang up on me. At least I have Beth by me…

            “Yup, you heard right.” I said simply, hoping she would do nothing more to drag it out. Maybe just walk away with a petty diss, but noooo, that’s not Kylie’s style, of course she had to go big or go home.

            “Nice. That’s strange, though. How is the principal’s daughter having a party at her house? You’d think that’d be difficult.” Kylie looked around at the crowd as if she was making some sort of bitch speech.

            “Well, my mother isn’t in town.” I said. Beth stepped forward.

            “And either way, I don’t see how it matters. You’re not coming right?” Beth said. Kylie opened her mouth a bit with shock, but then she grinned and replied.

            “Well why not? Might as well see how this party turns out.” Kylie said and turned around with her little crew.

            But before she left, I saw Grace give me a dirty look as she kept up with pace with the group. The whole mob of people watching us scattered away, saying they were going to come to my party only to see Kylie ‘tell me off’. I swear, sometimes I wonder how we’re the best school in New York sometimes.

            “C’mon. I doubt she’s going to come. She only wanted to assure her little followers.” Beth tugged at my arm as we walked towards our lockers to get our books for first period.

                                                                        -=-

            Now usually I don’t mind attention, but this time I did. Majorly. If it’s negative attention, you bet your ass I’m going to feel uncomfortable…so at lunch I felt strange and creeped out. It seemed that ever since the whole Kylie confrontation, I was the center of attention and the only person to stare at.

            I did my best to eat my food and mind my own business, but I couldn’t help but feel weird as I knew that a lot of tables kept glancing at me. Thank God I wore a nice outfit.

            “Rose, ignore them. I know that’s hard to do since they all have the IQ of a potato and can’t seem to take their eyes off of you, but seriously, it’s not worth your concern.” Emi assured me. She was currently sitting to my left with Cameron beside her as well; Beth was on my right and seemed to stay quiet throughout lunch. I think she’s still sensitive around Emi.

            “Yeah I’d be creeped out. But take it as a compliment, I think you look cute and apparently so do they.” Cameron complimented me. I blushed and smiled, he did the same and I swear I’m no bragger but I think we’re darn cute.

            “Woah, woah wait. Rose is the girl you like and always talk about?” Emi burst through. What?

            “Emi, shut up.” Cameron turned bright red as he gave Emi a death glare. I took this as my opportunity to ride out the cuteness.