chapter 1

June 2nd (moving day😜)
Courtney POV
I woke up today at 7:30 am and did my normal routine. I took a shower and washed my face with my favorite avocado scrub. The whole time I had butterflies in my stomach!! It was moving day!!!

I wore the only clothes I left out for the plane: acid washed high wasted shorts, a loose white crop top that said 'hipsta please?' and my favorite maroon vans. Gracie wore red vans with black shorts and the same shirt. We looked like twins but we didn't mind.

I am moving from Boston all the way to LA with my step sister/best friend, Gracie. We're both so excited!! We live with our dad and her mom but she's really my mom, too just not biological. I'm 16 and she's 17 and after a long time of trying to convince our parents to let us move together, they finally said yes!! That's what got us here, in the Logan airport waving goodbye to our parents.

Gracie POV
Yes!!! This is going to be so much fun!! I'm moving to LA with my best friend, I honestly don't know what can been better than this. Standing her in the airport with my parents, I only feel more and more excited.

"Bye girls!!" My mom said giving us both a hug, "make sure to call and text and at desperate times, write!!"

We all laughed, and hugged my dad who was holding back tears. We all knew he was crying because he wanted to come to LA with us, I don't think he's actually going to miss us as much as my mom (lol)

We boarded the plane after we went through security, planning our day after our dreadful 5 hour flight that went from boston, stopping in Virginia and landing at our stop in LA. We already have our black jeep waiting for us and packed our surfboards so I suggested that we go straight to the beach because our plane lands at about 3:00 California so we'll have enough time to eat and surf before going to our NEW HOUSEE!!!

Right after I said this, Courtney started singing "surf boart, surf boart" leave it to Courtney to make me laugh😂.

Courtney POV
Right after Gracie suggested to go surfing I immediately started singing "surf boart, surf boart" and stared laughing with Gracie because I'm just too funny.

30 minutes later, the plane landed and we jumped right up to get our bags from the overhead compartment. But I stopped dead in my tracks when I saw someone that made me so happy and excited and feel crazy and so many emotions at once I can even explain rn omg.

Gracie POV
Courtney stopped like a deer in headlights and was half smiling, half pooping he pants. I stopped with her and took a picture for the memories and thinking the flash would wake her up. When it didn't, I stared to get kinda worried and hoped nothing was wrong. Then I just decided to follow her gaze. When I saw who she was seeing I started to cry tears of joy.

A/N this is my friend an I's first fan fiction so sorry if it isn't good!! It will be better and full of drama after another chapter or two!!