Chapter 69

Gracie POV

I wake up and check the time. Its only 9:00. I put in my bathing suit and throw on jean shirts and a tee shirt over. I pull my hair into a side fish tail braid and put on my Red Sox base ball hat. I go down stairs and Matt and Courtney are sleeping on the couch. I go into the kitchen, get some peanut butter and walk out onto the back deck and sit at the table. I face time my friends back home, Lauren and Morgan.

I tell them everything that has happened in California so far and they tell me whats going on in Boston.

OMIGOSH its already 10:40!

I say goodbye to my friends and grab my surfboard from the shed. I dont want to wake them up so I just wait for Cam on the front porch.

At 10:43 Cameron pulls up into my driveway. I watch him get out of his car and run up the stairs.

"Hey babe" he says to me while grabbing my board.

"How ya doin" I ask him.

"Great! Now that Im with you" he exclaims.

*HE IS SO CUTE OMFG*

I start to blush as I help him put my board on the top of his car. He opens the door for me and I get in. I watch him walk/run to his side and he gets in.

Cam puts on the radio. "Summer" by Calvin Harris came on.

"Wait this like describes us" he says.

Then he turns it up realllly loud and we both start singing.

I notice that we aren't going towards our usual surf spot. I ask him where we are going. "Its a surprise" he says. I question him "Aren't we going surfing?" He doesnt answer me and keeps looking at the road. I see a sign that says "Water Country 1 mile away"

"Aww Cameron! I love water parks" I exclaim.

I looks over to me and grabs my hand.

He pulls into the parking lot and we walk over to the entrance. We get in line and I try to buy my own ticket but he wont let me.

He is perfect.

We ride down a bunch of water slides together. We check the time and its already 4:30. Cam asks me if I want to go and on the way home we can get food and go surfing. "Surre" I tell him.

We exit the parking lot and start driving towards home. We stop at Panera and I get a salad and he gets a sandwich. Then we start driving to the secret spot.

We arrive and its empty. He hands me my board and we start walking down the path to the water. I start running towards the ocean and Cam follows me. We both dive onto our boards and paddle out farther.

I see a big wave coming and yell
"I call this one!" I start paddling the opposite way and stand up. I ride it for a while then fall. Cam screams "Are you okayyy?!" I respond "Im fine"
Then he catches a wave and rides it.

After about 30 minutes of surfing we get out. The sun is starting to set so we sit in the sand and watch it. We get up and I start to walk back up to the car but Cam grabs my waist. He turns me around and leans into me. I wrap my arms around his bare back and kiss back. After about a minute I pull away and start walking back. He hesitates and says "Damn girl" I laugh and keep walking.

When we get home we go into the backyard. Matthew and Courtney are swimming. I put my board back and lead Cam inside. While we are walking inside I hear "Them back scratches tho" I turn around and it was Matt.

"Oops sorry Cam" I say to him

"Nah babe its fine😏" Cam tells me.