Chapter 44

Gracies POV

Cameron told me that its getting late and he was gonna drive me home.

He pulled into the driveway. He jumped out of the drivers seat and started to run around the front of the car. He was going try-hard to be cool so he tried to slide across the hood of the car.

It didnt work.

He fell off. I got out as fast as I could. "Cameron!" I screamed. I thought he was crying but it turns out he was laughing. Cameron Alexander Dallas is now laying on my driveway, wearing a tux, laughing. I tried to pull him up but I fell down on top of him. Now my hands were on either side of him, holding me up. Our noses are only about 2 inches away from each other. We both stop laughing. Then I lean in to kiss the top of his nose but he pulls away and goes right for my lips.

Now Im in a push-up formation over Cameron Dallas, while were kissing. Oh my god why didnt we move to Cali before this?

I feel my arms starting to get weaker. I pulled away and jumped up. I grabbed his arms and pulled him into the back yard. He laughed and said
"zayum girl your strong" I laughed.

I ask him if he wants to go swimming. He said "Of course I do! But I don't have my swim suit." I looked down at the ground pretending to be sad but really I was just trying to convince him to come in with me. "Well I guess I could go in my under wear." He added. I smirked at him and said "I have to go get mine" He looked at me and whined "But Ill miss yoouu" I looked back at him and said "Uh were not gonna be that kind of couple?" He started to laugh "Im kidding"

I could see two people in the house sitting in the living room, obviously Court and Matt. I don't want to disturb them. I just remembered that I had on my nike pros under my dress (of course) and I was wearing a navy bandeau.

I told him to turn around. He did and while he was looking the other way I slipped out of my dress and now was only wearing nike pros and my bandeau.
(Im actually probably more covered up right now then I would be in a bikini so its fine.) He's still turned around so I decide to trick him. I take a running start and dive into the deep end of the pool.

Cams POV

She told me to turn around I dont exactly know why but what ever. I hear a splash and quickly spin around. All I see on the patio is the dress she was wearing. Shes not coming up out of the water.

I BETTER JUMP IN AFTER HER.

I quickly remove my jacket, then unbutton my collar shirt, finally my pants. I sprint over to the side if the pool and look under. Shes at the bottom of the pool. I dive in and go down to her. I put my arms under hers and push off the bottom. We get to the surface and her eyes are closed. I gently carry her out onto the grass.

OMIGOD is she alive. My heart is beating a mile a minute

Then I hear her familiar loud laugh.

I cant believe she did that.

She keeps laughing and laughing. I just kinda look at her. Finally she stops and says "Ive been on a swim team since 4th grade. Do you really think I cant hold my breath for a minute?"

I feel so stupid. I pick her up and throw her in. Then I run and cannonball off of the diving board. We go up to catch our breath at the same time. We both start cracking up.

She pulls herself out of the pool and hops onto the diving board. Now her hair is soaking wet and messy. Shes wearing compression shorts and a strapless bra thing. I honestly don't care how she looks. Then she yells "Watch this", she turns so that shes facing the other way and leans forward then back and jumps into a back flip.

"OW OW" I exclaim

"My turn."

I swim past her and get out of the pool. Then I step up onto the diving board.
She sings to me "He looks so perfect standing there, in his american eagle underwear" (LOL😂) I laugh and count down from 3. I jump into the pool and land smack on my stomach. perfect belly flop! It hurts so much.

Gracie laughs at me "smoooth" then she goes to the shallow end and walks up the steps, shes shivering like crazy. She walks over to the deck and grabs two towels. She walks back in my direction with one over her shoulder and the other one in her hand. I grab a towel from her and put it around my back. Then I spread my arms out and hug her from behind so now shes holding onto my hands which are around her neck/shoulders. We waddle a few feet but then she turns around so shes still wrapped in my arms and my towel, but now theres only like an inch gap in between us.

I rest my chin on the top of her head. I say "I love you and Im sorry for what happened" She moves her head out from under my chin and gets on her tip toes. She kisses my cheek and tells me
"I love you". I hug her even tighter and I tell her to jump up. When she jumps I put my hands under her thighs and she wraps her legs around my lower back and her arms around my neck.