Chapter 10

Gracie POV
Courtney started explaining to me what happened.

She was bawling.

She's such a mess.

At least she looks cute.

I tried to explain to her that what she saw might've been a mistake. Maybe she kissed him.

"I doubt it" she said through her sobs. "She's probably his secret girlfriend"

"From the CIA" I said and saw her slightly smile. "That's my girlll" I said to her.

Courtney POV
I thought he liked me

I thought we could be something.

I thought I liked him.

I thought today would be the best day of my life.

I thought he would kiss me.

I thought tonight would be the beginning to a beautiful relationship.

I guess I thought wrong.

I went upstairs to take a shower as soon as we got home, that always makes me feel a little calm and gives me some time alone to think.

After I got out and changed into my Santa pjs (I honestly don't care if it's June, buddy the elf taught me to treat every day like Christmas) I started walking downstairs.

Then the doorbell rang.

I looked through the peephole and saw Matt standing on the doorstep with a bouquet of flowers so I just walked away.

I know we aren't together or anything but he led me on and made me think there could've been something. He should know not to do that to a girl.

I sat down on the couch so he would see the tv light on and know we were home.

He rang the doorbell.

Not once.

Not twice.

But twelve times.

Yes I counted, don't judge me.

Jeez that boy is impatient.

Matt POV
I had to explain myself to Courtney.

I have to tell her how I feel.

Jack and Jack dropped me off after a silent car ride home. We were all thinking the same thing so what's the point of talking?

I ran into my house and grabbed my keys and jumped into the drivers seat of my car to drive to the floral shop.

I got Courtney a bouquet of flowers to give her when I apologized.

When I got to her house, I rang the doorbell and saw her come to the door and walk away and turn on the tv. So I rang the doorbell not once, not twice, but twelve times.

Oh yes, I'm good.

After that, I sat down on her front steps and texted her

Courtney..

Let me explain.

I'm sorry.

I'll wait here all night I don't care.

Please just give me a chance.

I only need 5 minutes.

You don't even have to get up.

I'll FaceTime you.

I'll jump down your chimney.

Haha that's right, I see your Santa pjs.

Ok so by now I was just being creepy. But it was so much fun.

I was in the middle of texting her again when I saw the tv turn off and saw her walking towards the door.

I stood up and smiled, thinking she would open the door.

I was wrong.

She locked it.

So I guess she was good, too.