Chapter 99

Jack POV

Me and Gracie are walking on the beach. The sun is setting and its the perfect time to ask her out on a date but I feel like I should wait a little bit longer. Okay Ill wait

As the sun goes down its getting a little colder. I would give her my sweatshirt if I had one but I am shirtless. I keep catching her eyeing me, but its all good Id do the same if she was shirtless. JK.

Its getting a little dark out so I ask if she wants to go back to her house. She agrees and we start heading back to our penny boards.

"Ah its a little dark, do you just want to walk?" She asks

I nod "Yeah sure"

We pick up our boards and both happen to carry them with our outside hands. As were walking we both laugh and step in closer to each other. Our hands brush against one another and I look down at her and she looks up to me. We just smile at each other.

Gracie POV
It was getting dark out so I asked Jack if we could just walk home. While we're walking our hands touch for a few seconds and I look up at him and he looks down to me and I get this weird but great feeling.

Now I know I like him, but he probably doesn't like me back anymore. Wouldn't he have asked me out by now if he still did? Maybe Ill flirt with him a little to give him a hint.

We get back to my house and go to the backyard. I ask Jack if he wants to have a fire. "Ya, Ill start it" he exclaims.

"Im just gonna run and get a sweatshirt, want one?" I question

"Yas please, thanks bro"

I run inside and up to my room, I brush my hair and pull on my Hipsta Please sweatshirt and grab a big grey sweatshirt and my speaker.

I go back out side and Jack is still trying to get the fire started so I make a quick playlist on my phone.

I sit down on a chair made for like 3 people to sit in so maybe he'll sit with me.

The fire starts and he sits on the chair with me. I plug my phone in the speaker and the first song to come on is Your All That Matters To Me by JB

Kiss Me by Ed Sheeran comes on next and he moves close to me and puts his arm around me. I lean into him a little.

Then Wanted by Hunter Hayes comes on and I lean into his a little more

Latch Acoustic by Sam Smith plays and I put my head on his shoulder and he leans his head on my head. This is the best day

Jack POV
I feel like all the songs coming on are sending me like a signal or something, maybe she likes me back. I really want to kiss her but were not going out so I don't think I should.

After a while of sitting listening to music near the fire we both get hungry. "Wanna go inside?" I ask her

"Okay sure" She says while getting up out of my arms

I follow her up the stairs and we walk into the kitchen. She opens all the cabinets and the fridge and the freezer. "ICE CREAM" she says excitedly

"Hit me up" I tell her

She grabs two bowls and two spoons then takes out three tubs of ice cream. Oreo, double chocolate, and fudge swirl. I watch her scoop out of all three, then she put whipped cream on it. I guess she saw me looking at her because she stopped and said "What I like ice cream, problem?" I chuckle "No just save some for me!"

Then she sprays me with whipped cream.

"Thats it" I yell as I stand up. She sprints into the living room. I run after her and pull her waist into me. She tries to wiggle out but I don't let her. We both stop and she turns around to my face. Then we look into each others eyes, I loosen my grip around her hips and I bend down a little and we slowly start to move in. This is it, Im taking a chance and moving in to kiss her. Our lips about three inches away from each other.

The door opens and she jumps away from me. We look over and its Courtney.

"Oops my bad, sorry guys." Courtney apologizes.

I rub the back of my neck and Gracie glances at me.

"Ah we were just going to have some ice cream, want some?" Gracie awkwardly replies.

"YAS!" Court answers

Courtney walks into the kitchen so now me and Gracie are standing together in the living room. Of course we start laughing. Then she steps close to me and quietly says
"You still have whipped cream on your face" Then she gently rubs it off my cheek and wipes it on my shirt, and runs to the kitchen.

"Ill get you back" I call after her

I smile to my self thinking about how close we were to kissing and walk into the kitchen.

Courtney's POV
I barged into our house to see Jack and Gracie's faces very close together. Of course I had to come in right then.

Me, Gracie, and Gilinsky ate our ice cream for a while then we talked about school that is in 3 days. Its already 11:00 and Jack has to leave.

"Ill walk you out" Gracie tells him

He blushes "Okay"

I watch them walk out and stay in the kitchen until I hear the front door shut then I immediately run to the window so I can spy on them.

They're just standing on the porch laughing. Gracie takes a step back and falls backwards tumbling down the stairs. Its pretty funny. Then Jack runs after her. I see them still laughing but then he grabs her arm. He helps her up then sprints up the stairs. I jump onto the couch and act casual like I wasn't spying in them.

Jack runs inside and screams "I think Gracie broke her arm Im taking her to the emergency room!"

I stand up and follow him out the door.