Chapter 33

JackG POV

Im happy that me and Gracie are hanging out today. We always have a good time together.

I live about 4 minutes away from her so I leave at 10:58-incase there is traffic. I get to her house and shes already standing on the front porch.

Shes wearing jean shorts, a light blue teeshirt with a whale on it and a matching mint green baseball hat from Vineyard Vines with her hair pulled into a side fish tail braid and mint green vans. I told her to bring her penny board so shes carrying it.

I swear that girl has vans to match every outfit.

I beep and she runs, throws her penny board into the back and jumps into my truck. We arrive at the pier and its pretty much empty besides a few middle schoolers.

We walk all the way to the end and sit down on the wood with our feet dangling over the ocean.

We start to talk and talk and talk then she brings up Matthew and Courtney's birthdays. They are only about a week apart so why not have one big party, after all they are boyfriend and girlfriend! She mentions how Matthew was already planning on having a party for her so he can help and we can surprise her.

I text Matt

To: Matt
Sup, me and Gracie are at the pier, meet us at the end!

From: Matt
K be right there

About 10 minutes later we hear a noise. We look up to see Matt long boarding.

We say hey and tell him about the party.

Gracie POV

We decide to go to a little restaurant to talk about it. When we get seated I order a shirley temple and Jack and Matthew both get lemonades.

First we have to pick when to have it.
Today its Saturday and Matts birthday is on Tuesday and Courtney's is next Monday. We decide to have it this friday night.

Next we need to pick where to have it.
The best place would be at our house. We don't need to worry about our parents and how many people come.

Next we need to pick who to invite.
Obviously all the guys from Magcon and I just tell them to tell everybody they know to come to my house on friday at 7:30pm and that its Courtney and Matts birthday party.

Next how were gonna keep Courtney from knowing about it. I say not to mention anything about it around Courtney and tell everybody else thats invited not to tell her.

Also on that friday I will take Courtney to go zip-lining Ill tell her its because we need to spend more time together, but really I need to keep her out of the house for a few hours.

Next who's gonna set up while I am gone?

I trust Matthew and the Jacks with my life so Ill give them a house key. They can also ask Cam and Aaron if they can help set up. They'll just need to put out food and drinks and stuff.

Finally we finish our food, of course I get chicken fingers and french fries, and Matt and Jack get cheeseburgers. JackG invites us to go over to his house.

Usually we always go to my house but today were going to Jacks. I sit in between them on the ride over.

Jack drives down a little culdesack with really big nice houses. He points over to a Giant white house with a big front porch and says
"Thats where Johnson lives"
I say "its beautiful" Then he pulls into a driveway to a huge light green house with a gorgeous front lawn. "this is where I live" "Holy shoot your house is nice" I tell him. He laughs then I ask "So how did you guys meet? Since Matthew is younger?" Matthew tells me how their parents are best friends with each other so they have known each other for forever.