Chapter 13

Gracies POV

I woke up at 9:00am. I jumped in the shower, got out and put my wet hair in a side braid. Then I checked my phone

From: Gilinskyyy
Hey, do you wanna hang today?

To: Gilinskyyy
Yeah! Sounds fun, what time?

From: Gilinskyyy
How about I pick you up in 30 minutes?

To: Gilinskyyy
Sounds good! See you soon

From: Gilinskyy
Ok:)

I read the text from Jack G but I didnt answer because I had to find something to wear. After 5 minutes of tearing through the unopened cardboard boxes I pick out my white shorts and my pink crop-top with polka dots.

Then I realize Courtneys sill fast asleep. I decide to leave her a voice mail.

Then my phone rings its Matt,

Matthew: Hi Gracie is Courtney still sleeping?

Gracie: Yeahh, shes a VERY late sleeper

Matthew: Can I come over to make her breakfast

Gracie: Yup, but me and Jack G are gonna go hang out.

Matthew: Thanks! Ill be right over

Gracie: Bye

With in 2 minutes I hear a quiet knock on the door. Wow he got over here quick. I open the door to see Matthew with his arms filled with food.
He says "I knew you probably didnt have too much food so I brought some over" I laugh at him and bring him the box labeled "Kitchen supplies". While Matthew gets ready to cook I ask him "Is Jack G, like, a good person"

Matthew responds "Yes, hes very nice and is really caring. He has never been in a REAL relationship though" Matt winks at me. I explain to Matt that I don't really want to be in a realation ship with him. YET. Just become very close friends.

We hear a knock on the door. Its JackG. I answer the door and its him, he is standing there in cargo shorts with a red Vans tee shirt, hes adorable with his perfect smile.

After Jack and Matthew do there bro hug thing I tell Matthew he better not burn down the house and not to have TOOOO much fun with Courtney, who is still asleep. On the way out the door I slide on my mint green vans.

I ask Jack if I should drive or if he wants too. He volunteers. We hop into his big silver pickup truck and start driving. His truck smells so good, like him, amaazing. Its kind of awkward at first just me and Jack, but he turns on the radio and Classic by MKTO comes on. He turns up the volume and we both sing along and laugh.

Then it ends and Jack pulls into a Dunkin Donuts and asks me what I want. I ask him for a plain bagel with cream cheese and an Arizona. He runs in. With in 2 minutes he comes out with the food. I thank him for breakfast and were off.

We start having a conversation while eating our food. I basically tell him my whole life story.

I tell him all about Boston and Courtney and my family and my sports and even how my best friends would obsess over him.

Jack tells me about his life. He has lived in this little surf town, just outside of LA, for all of his life. He knows every street and almost everybody. He tells me about how his dad left him when he was just 9 and now its him and his mom, but he still has Matthew and JackJ which are pretty much his brothers. He tells me about his sports and his school (which I will be going to in September)

I feel like I can really trust Jack with anything now. So I decide to vent to him. "Im just afraid Courtney will forget about me, or Matthew will hurt her" I explain to him. He says "don't worry, shes you best friend, she will never forget about you. And about Matthew, he's had a rough time with Georgia so he will never hurt her. Dont worry." We look at each other and smile, I thank him for comforting me.

Then I question where are we going? We have been driving for about 20 minutes. Finally he tells me "we are going to a place called Sky High." I have never heard of it before so I ask him what it is. He explains that it is basically a room filled with connected trampolines. "That sounds wicked fun" I exclaim. He says "I love this place"

I shoot Courtney a text

To: Court-Court:
ayyye, are you awake?

From: Court-Court:
Yup! I woke up to a wonderful surprise, now me and Matthew are just chillin

To: Court-Court:
Okk qts, Im still with Jack. I will text you later<3

From: Court-Court:
kk:)

We pull into the big parking lot.

We enter the buildings and all I see is a ware house filled with trampolines. "this place is sickkk" I tell jack. He replys "come on, lets go!"

We have been jumping for about 10 minutes. Its a great work out. I start doing all kinds of flips, Courtney taught me, Jack seems very impressed. He tries to do a regular front tuck, "not bad" I applaud him. before I know it an hour has already passed. Sadly our jump time is over.

On our way home from Sky High Jack decides to show me around a little. He takes me by the park, the grocery store, the highs school, and to the board walk. He parks his car and we get out. He tells me to follow him so I do. He walks into a little store with Surf boards, long boards, penny boards and paddle boards.

Jack Gs POV

Im getting to know Gracie really well. She is a good listener and I feel like I can tell her anything. I hope we become best friends, I don't wanna rush things.

Besides walking or driving, the main way to get around here is by penny boarding. I decide to take her to my uncles board shop. I don't think people in Boston really ride penny boards, so I can get her one from my uncle.

We walk in and We are immediately greeted by uncle Rick. I introduce him to Gracie and tell him how she does not have a penny board. He says that hes willing to hook us up with one. I take her to the penny boards and tell her to pick one out. "Awwww Jack, thank you so much, your the sweetest!"

She ends up getting a red/blue/yellow/orange tie die one. We thank Uncle Rick and leave the store.

Gracies pov

Wow I cannot believe Jack just got me a penny board. I have wanted one for so long, but no one in Boston had one. He said I could pick which ever one I wanted and of course I picked tie-die.

BUT there is one problem
I dont know how to ride.

I told Jack that I didnt know how to ride and he said "Its ok, I will teach you!"

We drove a 3 minute drive back to my house. We got out of his truck and he pulled out a penny board from behind the drivers seat. "I take this baby every where I go." He said holding up the red and blue striped board.

I set down my new board and tried to ride, but it slid from under neath me. I landed on my butt. I turned bright red from embarrassment. But Jack G was dying laughing but he made sure I was ok. After he caught me a few times I started to get the hang of it. I was cruising down the smooth streets of our new neighborhood. After we got tired we sat down on the front steps. Me and Jack were just talking for a while but his phone beeped, It was his mom. He had to go home for dinner.

Can it already be dinner time? I think to myself, this day has been amazing!

We both stand up and I thank him for the wonderful time.

He tells me that he'll text me later.

I walk him over to his truck and Thank him again. We hug and he gets in and starts to drive away. I stand in my drive way and wave goodbye.

I go practice on my board for a few more minutes. I want to go back inside. I wonder what Matthew and Courtney have been doing all day?......