Fifty-Two: Happy Ending

His hand laid upon yours, sending that same warmth he gave you throughout your body. His smile sending chills down your spine like it always had.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" you asked him. He smiled wider and leaned over and kissed your forehead. "What was that for?"

"Do you always have to ask questions?" he asked.

"With you, I do," you laughed.

"Halmeoni! Harabeoji! We're here! Look what I picked for you!" your granddaughter shouted as she ran inside with a bunch of flowers in her hand.

"Oh, those are so beautiful," you said, taking them and smelling them. "They smell so nice, too."

"I picked them at the park with appa," she said, just as your eldest son walked in the room.

"We just came from the park after going grocery shopping."

"Did you get the ingredients I asked for?" Your son nodded and went into the kitchen to put everything away. "Where's your sister? I thought she was coming with you."

"I'm here, umma," your daughter said as she came in the house, hugging you and then your husband.

You were having a family gathering today, celebrating years and years of hardship, happiness, love, and achievement. All the generations came to your house; your children and their children made the house busy with laughter, cooking, watching sports, and kids running around playing games.

When it came time for everyone to sit down to eat, your husband looked over to you and laid his hand onto yours, grabbing your attention.

"Happy anniversary," he said and kissed your forehead sweetly, bringing a smile to your face and all around you the cheer in celebration of you two starting this family.

And to think that this all wouldn't have happened if you were handed another hotel key that day. If you hadn't walked into his hotel room, all this would have never happened.

XXX

Sorry, the last five chapters were one significant chapter, but I felt like it was getting too long, so I chopped it up. And sorry for any misspelled words and bad grammar.

But, it has come. The end of the book; the last chapter. Thank you so much for over 3k reads and following me through the process of writing this. I'm so grateful and happy that people like what I write even when I feel like it's not good enough. I hope when I write more books that I will continue to be supported. Thanks again.