17

The past few weeks have been awful, Mum's funeral was honestly the worst day of my life. I wished Hermione was here to help me, Harry and Ron try their best but honestly with Hermione being a girl it would be much better if she was here to comfort me. Fred, however, has been supportive, he got me lots of chocolate frogs to cheer me up, it worked as I love chocolate frogs.

I close my trunk then go downstairs to join everyone on the walk to the Great Hall. It's the end of year feast, this year has not been a good one so I'm glad for it to be over. But I won't be going home, Mum won't be at the station waiting for me like she was last year. 

I'm staying with the Weasleys for a few days whilst Dad finishes everything up in Hogwarts then I will be going to his house. Well, it's my house now. 

"Sir Nicolas is back" Ron speaks as we take our seat

"Hopefully everyone else who got attacked will be back too" George replies 

"Harry, it's Hermione" Neville speaks 

I look at the entrance seeing my best friend stood there so I get up and immediately run up to her crushing her in a hug

"I've missed you"

"I've missed you too, I'm so sorry about your Mum" Hermione replies 

I smile a little at her and pull away as Ron and Harry have now reached us 

"I can't believe you both solved it" Hermione speaks to them

Harry and Ron managed to solve the chamber of secrets, Ginny was the one who opened it but it wasn't her. She was under the influence of you know who. The thing that was petrifying everyone was actually a giant snake. 

Turns out Lockhart was a big lie and none of the stories is his and belonged to other people. Dad was chuffed to find out that.  

Dumble does his end of year speech which gets interrupted halfway through by the door opening. 

I look at the door seeing Hagrid walking in. "Sorry I'm late, the owl that delivered my release papers got all lost and confused. Some ruddy bird called Erol" 

"You guys seriously need a new bloody owl" I speak as I look at Ron and the twins 

Harry gets up meeting Hagrid as he reaches our part of the table and smiles up at him "There's no Hogwarts without you Hagrid"

Oh my heart, the emotions around this place tonight is too much. Whilst Harry is giving Hagrid a hug I stand up and start clapping followed by Hermione and Ron then gradually everyone starts to copy. 

Next Day

"I hear evil Snape is going to spend the summer at the Weasleys shack"

I turn around and glare at Malfoy "Not that it is any of your business, their house may be a shack as you call it but at least there is love and warmth in that home unlike yours. Our summer will be full of smiles and laughter whilst yours will be full of darkness and loneliness" 

"At least I have a mother"

"Is that all you got to use as a comeback?" I laugh "You're so weak Malfoy"

We reach the platform and I turn around finally giving Malfoy the attention he's been trying to get from me for the past 4 and a half minutes

"Mind the gap" I smirk as I make my voice sound like the London Underground announcements

He looks at me confused then glares at me and gets onto the train, he didn't get onto the train. He fell onto the train.

"I told you to mind the gap" I laugh and get onto the train via the next door

"That was bloody brilliant" Ron laughs as we enter a compartment. 

"Shame he didn't fall through the gap instead" I mumble as I sit down and open my book

The Burrow

"This is what we're going to be working on over the summer" George explains as I read through the book

"Looks like fun, how have you guys not be banned from testing in Hogwarts I'll never know"

"Dumbledore secretly likes our pranks, McGonagall acts like she doesn't but we know she'll miss us when we're gone" Fred smiles 

"Well Hogwarts would be a lot less quiet with you both gone" I smirk 

"You'd miss us too, I mean who would prank Snape when he annoys you" 

"That's true, but every time you guys do a prank he thinks I know about it. The other week he wrote to me telling me off about the prank you did on Slytherin during their Quidditch practice. Which I knew nothing about"

"Sorry, that was a good prank though" George laughs 

"I did laugh when he told me what the prank was, it was a good one" 

I help the twins plan some new product ideas they could create for a few hours until it's time for us to go downstairs and eat dinner. After that I decide to play some wizards chess with Ron which of course I do terrible at and manage to lose very quickly into the game.