21

Me and the twins just planted some pranks outside the Slytherin common room, it is after curfew so whoever is next to leave the common room, well the next 50 or so students will be turned all green, green skin and hair the whole lot. As we pass Dad's quarters we hear a loud noise which makes me jump a few feet in the air.

"What was that?" George asks

"No idea" Fred answers

"It came from Dad, let's go and see"

I say the password quietly then we walk in the find Dad on the floor in the fireplace laughing. He's drunk.

"Ha Snape drunk, this is funny" Fred laughs

"I told him not to drink lots of fire whiskey that stuff is strong. Help me please" I ask as I take his wand out of his hand before he ends up breaking it.

They nod ok and they both help him up whilst I quickly go to his bedroom and pull the blanket back.

"This way Snape" George says

I look at them and smile, I'm proud of them for being nice and helpful. I thought they would've played jokes on him or something but looks like I'm wrong. When we reach the bed I take his robes off and help the twins put him in bed.

"You guys go on ahead, I wanna make sure he's asleep before I leave him"

They nod ok and leave, I go and get a glass of water then I place it on the bedside table taking a seat next on the edge of the bed. Dad is laying there with his arm up moving it around pretending it's a plane. I let out a giggle and he stops to look at me.

"Thank you for helping me, you look like my daughter"

Right then, this is gonna be fun.

"Do you know my daughter? Louise Matilda Snape. She's very pretty and bothers with that Potter and gang. She isn't in my house though but that's ok cause I still love her very much. She probably hates me though"

"Why?"

"I left when she was young and I won't tell her why, it's for her own safety that she doesn't know why yet. I don't want to loose her again she's all I got. I don't show her I love her much though, I can't maintain it. After a while I turn cold and treat her like she's some regular dunderhead at this school. I don't know how to stop myself from doing it, then she ignores me for ages and that kills me."

He hiccups whilst getting tears and I frown wiping his tears away "have some water"

"No, I want my daughter to know I love her"

"She knows that"

"No she doesn't! I turn cold on her so she stops thinking it."

"No matter what happens your her father, she knows deep down you love her and always will."

"Her mother died because of me though, the dark lord took away my wife and my little princess's mother. I shouldn't of become a death eater, she spent the whole summer after we finished Hogwarts trying to stop me but no I had to be stubborn and go against her. None of this wouldn't of happened if I didn't join the dark side. I wouldn't of missed 5 yrs of  Louise's life. Hannah would still be alive, we would've been one big happy family. Louise would've probably had siblings too."

I tuck him in and sing a lullaby mum used to sing to me, hopefully it works on not just babies but adults too. Surprisingly it worked. I go to the living room and look around then I find the potion to cure his hang over, I go back and place it by the water then I kiss Dad's cheek and leave.

Common Room

"Hey, George went to bed but I wanted to make sure you got back ok" Fred smiles closing his book, Fred reading? Wow

I sit by him and place my head on his shoulder "he's so broken on the inside" I frown

"A drunk man's words are a sober man's thoughts" he says wrapping his arm around me

"Muggle theory?"

"Yes" he laughs "but it's true though"

"He regrets becoming a death eater, him not being there damaged him more than me"

"I know that one day you will find out what happened. Snape may be a mean person on times but he's very smart. If he says he can't tell you then maybe you need to stop and let him tell you when he knows it's safe to."

"You're right, It's late so I'm going to bed"

"Ok, goodnight Louise"

"Night Fred" I smile giving him a hug before going up to bed.