Chapter 5: Couples~

(Megan POV)

It's been three weeks since the beach incident. We try not to bring it up if we can, but sometimes the squad check on me to see if I'm alright. I know they're just worried, but it does get kinda annoying. Anyway, Gladion was currently out somewhere with Wicke, like he's been doing a lot lately. He would never tell me why, but I can sense it's not good. The fact he comes back looking mentally hurt and scared adds to my suspicions, including the fact he now unexpectedly pulls me into hugs which could last from ten minutes to half an hour. I want to ask him about it, but I know if I do he'll just deny that anything's wrong. The best thing I can do is wait for him to open up to me. Hopefully I can be patient enough for that.

Besides, free hugs from bae! (Did I seriously just say that?)

I lay on my bed and stared up at the ceiling with my hands resting on my stomach, as it rose and fell to my breathing. Lillie was in the room with me. She sat on the black beanbag chair, which was in the corner, and was brushing Dana's silky white fur.

I sighed for like, the hundredth time.

'Okay, what's wrong?' Lillie spoke up.

'What?' I asked, lifting my head from my pillow to stare at her.

'You've been sighing ever since I got here. We both know that's not normal, even for you.' She picked up Dana and walked over to my bed, sitting on it with her legs criss-crossed. 'Now, tell me what's up.'

'I am not sure what you mean.' I raised an eyebrow.

'Meg.'

'Fine...' I groaned. 'Something has been on my mind, anyways.'

'I'm all ears.' The blonde responded, placing Dana on her lap.

I sighed, again, and sat up properly so I was more comfortable. 'It's about your brother.'

'What about him?' Lillie tilted her head, raising an eyebrow and pouting slightly.

'Have you... noticed anything off about him? I mean I know he's shut off, but has he been acting different? Or is it just me?'

'Different how?'

'Like, I don't know, he's more silent than usual and isn't around Aether Paradise as much. Whenever he is here though he always looks so sad, instead of the Edgelord I know. Also he tends to give me ridiculously long hugs, which is definitely unlike him. I know he's isolated, due to... reasons. But this is a bit too distant, even for him.' I finished and ran a hand through my hair. 'I was just wondering if you've noticed anything strange about him, that's all.'

Lillie took in my words, before breaking eye contact and placing her hand to her chin to think. 'Now that you mention it, he has been going down to the labs a lot. I've known about it for a bit but never said anything, because I never thought too much into it. But, after what you said, it is kind of suspicious. As for his mood drop, I know he hates being asked about his emotions so I just shrugged that off too. I guess little signs could lead to big things.'

'I see...' I nodded slowly with a frown.

'I'll keep an eye on him, if that'll make you feel any better.'

'That would be great. I know he's been through some tough times and I want to be there for him. But I can't do that if I don't know what's going on. Same goes for you and everyone else. I just don't want to see him hurting.'

Lillie was silent, so I turned to her to see if she was okay.

She was

A bit too okay if you ask me...