Chapter 35: A plan?

(3rd POV)

'Is she gonna be okay?' Laura asked, concern visible in her voice as she gazed at her unconscious sister from over Leo's shoulder. The male sighed, continuing to press an ice pack against Megan's bruised neck.

'I don't know how much voltage they used in that collar. It wasn't enough to kill her, thank Arceus, but she might be delusional when she wakes up. Also seeing me here might scare her a little.'

'Because you're one of them?' Luke questioned bluntly. Leo winced.

'Yeah...' he strained before lifting the ice, examining the girl's wound again 'I suppose I should expect a punch from her?'

'From Megan? Probably.' Laura snickered slightly, despite her worry. She then glanced at the back of Leo's head with furrowed brows. 'Why do you help us, Leo?'

'It's my job.'

'Yeah but you...' she paused, thinking about what to say next 'seem different from everyone else here. They like watching us suffer while you- well... it seems to anger you. Hate to say it, but I can say the same about Sagittarius. You two, I don't know, don't seem to have any cruel intentions. So, why are you here?'

Leo was silent, and had even stopped caring for Megan during the older female's speech. He lowered his hands to his side, glancing at her from over his shoulder.

'Can it wait until I know it's safe?' He asked her with pleading eyes 'I'm sure Ein would tell you the same thing.'

'Ein?' Laura raised a brow

'That's Sagittarius' real name, isn't it?' Luke stated.

'Crap!' Leo slapped his hand over his mouth 'not again...'

'It's fine.' Luke gave him a small smile 'We had to hide our name's for awhile, so we know how hard it is.'

'You do...?'

'Yup. How hard do you think it was to convince your two year old daughter not to say 'Luke' out loud in the public?'

Leo laughed slightly, before going back to the treatment 'You have a point. Though, hopefully it'll be easier to tell you not to call Sagittarius 'Ein'.'

Laura laughed 'Oh, I'm so calling him that!'

'Laura.' Luke growled.

'Alright, alright! I won't.'

(Sun POV)

After meeting up with the others at the Pokémon center, we set off back to my house so we could discuss the plan in private. My friends were all confused, as I hadn't told them anything, but were good sports and followed me nonetheless.

'I'm back, mom!' I called as soon as I entered my house, taking off my shoes and walking to the kitchen. My friends followed suit.

'Welcome back, dear. Oh, and hello to you guys too.' Mom smiled, waving at the trainers behind me.

'Hello, Mrs. Elios.' They said in unison with matching smiles.

I frowned 'Why are you acting so surprised, I told you they were coming?'

'Technically dear, you only said you'd be having guests over and told me to make enough snacks for six people. You didn't tell me who was coming over.' Mom shrugged.

She has a point...

'Anyway.' She then turned to Gladion 'Gladion, how are you holding up dear?'

The male shifted uncomfortably. To be honest it seemed obvious how he was 'holding up'. His hair was a mess, he was paler than usual, he wore his hoodie around his waist for once, and there were dark circles under his now dull green eyes. However, despite all this he gave my mother a small polite smile.