Chapter 24: They snap

(Sun POV)

'Oh, hey Sun.' Lillie smiled as she opened the door, slightly surprised to find me outside her house. 'Oh, and Leven. Nice to see you both.'

'Great to see you too, Lillie.' I grin, stuffing my hands into my pockets 'How are things?'

She continues to smile, but it seems rather awkward this time 'Things are great with most of us.'

'Most of you?' Leven raised an eyebrow.

'Yeah... Things aren't so great with Megan and Gladion...' She explained, playing with a strand of her hair.

I grew slightly concerned 'Why? What happened?'

'They had a fight...'

'I know. I was there and it wasn't that big of-'

'No I mean after that. After you took Megan to her room.'

'...Oh.'

Leven and I exchanged glances, wondering what to do about this. Leven once again turned to Lillie 'Where are they now.'

'Um, I think they're in the lounge.' She stated, pointing over her shoulder.

'May we see them.'

'Of course.'

Lillie stepped aside to let us in, closing the door behind us once we entered. The three of us made our way down the hall to where the living room was, only to find Gladion there. He was sitting on the couch, completely engrossed in the book he was reading. But... Where was Megan?

'I'm back...' A monotone voice said, and Megan walked in with two glasses in her hand. She handed one to Gladion, who hadn't looked up from his book. 'Here...'

He hummed in response and went to take a sip, only for his eyebrows to furrow in confusion. He looked at the glass, causing his brows to knit together.

'Megan, why is it empty?' He asked the girl, who had sat herself on the other end of the couch a meter away from him. She took a sip of her drink before giving him a bored glance.

'Oh, my bad did you want the drink too?' She asked with the slightest amount of smug. Gladion growled.

'That's what I asked for, wasn't it?'

'Nope. When I said I was going to get a drink of water you said 'may I have a glass?' And that's what I got you. Don't blame me for your poor choice of words.'

Damn... Smartass.

Gladion 'tch'd before going back to his book 'You can be such a b*tch sometimes...'

'Oh I'm sorry, I couldn't hear you with your HEAD ALL THE WAY UP YOUR A**!'

Okay this is way worse than I thought it would be. They can't even stay within a meter of each other, Megan is literally leaning over the couch's arm. I looked over to Leven who had his lips pursed together. I bet he was thinking the same thing. He turned to me and mouthed 'what should we do?'

'I don't know' I mouthed back.

'Oh, hey guys.' We heard someone say 'How long have you been standing there?'

We turned our heads to see Megan staring at us. She seemed to now be her usual chilled self.

'Oh, just a couple of minutes.' Lillie answered 'We wanted to see how you two were doing.'

'Why?' Gladion asked, looking up from his book again and raising an eyebrow at us.

'Well... We wanted to see if you two were 'okay''