Chapter 13: Let's talk

(Gladion POV)

'So yeah that's basically the story of my relationship problems.' I finished, letting out a deep breath and slumping my shoulders.

'And if you could stop the awkwardness between you two, would you?'

'Of course I would..'

Ashley nodded, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. 'I see. Well it seems to me that you two need to sit down and have a huge talk. A 'catching up' session if you will.'

'O~kay... What exactly will that accomplish?' I asked, scrunching up my face in confusion. Ashley rested her cheek on her palm.

'You said what's keeping you two apart is the fear of secrecy, right? So I believe you should talk to her, and tell her you don't want any secrets between you. Do it in a place that's private, like your room or something, and make sure there's no distractions so you both can just talk without the fear of someone interfering. I can tell that's what Meg wants too.'

'How can you tell?'

'I just know. It's in her eyes. She wants to talk to you, but she also wants you to be ready to talk back. I'm guessing she knows you well enough to know you hate being rushed into things, especially if it's to do with your emotions.' She explained. 'She's ready, but you have to show her that you're ready too. Does that make sense?'

I was silent for a moment, processing what she had said carefully before nodding. 'Yeah... Yeah it does! All this time I was waiting for her to open up, when I was the one who had to open up! Oh man, emotions are confusing...'

'Yup, I know. Welcome to life~' Ashley chirped. 'So you think you can do it? Talk about your emotions I mean.'

'I think so, because it's her.' I replied.

'Well then,' The woman grinned, standing up from the table 'I think that concludes our little 'therapy session'. Wish I could stay and chat but I gotta pick Emilee up from her play date soon.'

'Ashe?' I called.

'Hmm? Yea?'

'Just one question. If you're engaged to Matthew, does that mean you've seen what he looks like under the mask?'

'That I have.'

'Out of curiousity, what does he look like?'

Ashley turned to me with a mischievous grin, before tapping her nose as if to say 'it's a secret' and walking off. I huffed in annoyance.

'Damn that dude and his secret identity... Well whatever.' I then looked over to my laptop, which was still shut. With a sigh I pulled it toward me and opened the lid, before clicking onto the file named 'M.S.C.O'.

(Megan POV)

'That... was a total bust.' I complained, stretching my arms above my head as I walked down the path with Prince 'I mean yeah it was a good road trip and all, but Solgaleo and Lunala didn't even show up so... what was the point?'

'They have responsibilities, Megs. It's hard to take care of Alola and visit your friends, ya know.' Prince stated calmly, I frowned.

'I guess you're right...' I then smirked 'How come you weren't this reasonable as an Eevee, hmm?'

An irk mark appeared on the dark type's forehead. 'I. Was. A. Child. Were you responsible as a kid?'

I was silent, staring at the ground with a sheepish smile. 'Um...'

'That's a no.'

'Shut up Princey...'

A snort came from Prince's throat as we came up to Aether Paradise. I looked up to the sky to find the sun was close to setting. 'How long do you think we were out?'