Chapter 40: Take them down

(3rd POV)

Flashback

'Shh, Shh it's okay. You're gonna be alright.'

Leo comforted the trembling girl, feeling her grip his lab coat as she sobbed. He clenched his jaw, anger built up inside him as he thought about what he heard in the boss's office. He had eavesdropped on the conversation between the man and Pisces, and heard that he intended to 'dispose of' Megan's child. And that's exactly what he did. Despicable.

'I just... I can't believe it... It's gone, just like that.' She choked 'I didn't even--'

'I know... I know... I'm so sorry this happened to you...'

Megan lifted her head slightly to look up at Leo, tears streaming down her face 'Are you really, though?'

'What?'

'Are you really sorry?' She repeated 'After all... you are on their side.'

He frowned, his hands now on her shoulders as he stared down at her 'Just because I'm part of the A.L.I, doesn't mean I'm 'with them' per say.'

'Then why would you join--'

'I have my reasons. Some personal, some not so person- but that's not my point. What I'm trying to say is, if there's any way I can help you, that doesn't involve directly releasing you, I probably won't hesitate.'

Megan's eyes narrowed 'Probably won't hesitate?' she echoed.

'Hey there's only so much an A.L.I scientist can do in a place filled with first class security.'

'Good point...' She thought for a moment 'Can you do things outside the labs without reaching the radar?'

'It'll take longer for them to find out, yes.'

'Perfect.'

Megan gently pushed away, wiping her eyes with the back of her hand before facing Leo 'I may have a plan, but it could result in you losing a few teeth.'

The male grimaced 'Lovely...' he glanced at the window between the infermary and hallway, to check if anyone was watching. Thankfully, Sagittarius was keeping Virgo distracted. With a sigh he turned to the girl once again 'Alright, let's hear it.'

Megan grinned and took the male's hand, pressing a ring of some kind into it. Leo raised an eyebrow as she spoke.

'You'll need this. It's to show them you aren't an evil pr*ck.'

'Them?'

'My friends. You're going to help them get here.'

Leo blinked at her and began to process what she had said. Once he did he coughed 'I'm sorry what?'

End of Flashback

'And that's why we're here now.' Avory finished the explanation with jazz hands.

Everyone sat in the front room, listening closely to what the two strangers had to say. It was believable, they would admit, as Megan would do something like that. But, after what happened with Leven they were having a hard time trusting the boys.

'It does add up...' Lillie admitted, staring down at her lap 'It sounds like something Meg would do.'

'Don't necessarily make it true though.' Guzma retorted, crossing his arms over his chest.

Hau frowned 'Well I think it is. Megan wouldn't just let someone take her ring, it's too precious to her.'

'You're basing what they're saying over a ring?' Green asked in disbelief, Red seemingly thinking the same thing as he furrowed his eyebrows.