Chapter 16: Rough night

(Megan POV)

Once I stepped out of my rather lengthy shower, I towel dried my hair as much as I could before wrapping a bathrobe around myself and heading towards the door. I huffed as soon as I entered the bedroom. 'Okay! All showered up and warm, are you happy now?'

Gladion didn't answer, as he was distracted with what looked like changing our bedsheets. My eyes drifted to Prince, who was now laying down in his bed with a towel wrapped around him. I looked back over to my boyfriend and coughed 'Ahem! Edgelord!'

'Hmm? Oh, yeah thanks babe.' He said, though his back was still turned to me.

I raised an eyebrow. 'What are you even doing?'

'Giving us clean bedsheets, isn't it obvious?' He responded while folding one of the muddy sheets.

'Yeah but why?'

'Because I'm not sleeping in a bed that smells like earth and wet Umbreon.'

'Um!' Prince lifted his head up to stare at the boy 'Excuse you!'

I shrugged, before sitting on our freshly made bed and sighing, again. Gladion took notice of this and sat down next to me.

'Are you okay? You haven't been yourself since... you know.'

I nodded, leaning back and looking up at the ceiling 'I'm alright. Just a little stressed is all.'

Gladion nodded in understanding, before placing a hand on my bare knee 'Well if you ever need to talk, I'm always here.'

'I know...' I breathed, glancing at him from the corner of my eye 'And same goes for you. Wanna talk to someone, I'll be there so fast you won't be able to even shed a tear.'

Gladion let out a small chuckle 'What are you, the Flash?'

'I may as well be!'

We laughed a little, but because of the situation it didn't last long. We were both worried, and as much as we tried to hide it still showed. With yet another sigh, I leaned on Gladion and rested my head on his shoulder. He allowed it, and even wrapped an arm around me to pull me closer. It was silent, but a comfortable one. Prince seemed to want to join in, as he trotted up to us, jumped up and curled up onto my lap. I began gently stroking his fur, which was now dry but had bits of dirt stuck in it. Looks like someone needs a bath!

I let out a yawn, snuggling deeper into Gladion as I slowly shut my eyes 'Mmm, I'm tired...'

'I'm not surprised. No one's really been sleeping after the news got out.' Gladion replied as he nestled his face into my hair 'To be honest it's pretty concerning.'

'Yeah...'

We both slowly started to fall asleep, and we almost did, but I was jolted awake by a sudden wave of sickness which caused me to cover my mouth. As gently, but quickly as I could I pushed Prince onto the bed next to me and made a mad dash for the bathroom, not stopping to answer the calls that came from either him or my boyfriend. I fell to my knees in front of the toilet, and began violently throwing up into it. I heard Gladion's feet thump against the carpet of the bedroom, and then the tiles of the bathroom as he stood over me.

'Like what you see?' I asked sarcastically, before puking once again.

'No... Not at all.' The male muttered as he knelt down next to me and placed a hand on my back, probably to remind me he was here to help whenever I needed it. The vomiting lasted for another two minutes before ceasing, which left me aching and completely exhausted. I leaned my back against the wall with my legs to my chest and my head in my hands.