Chapter 37: Busted pt.2

(Third POV)

Flashback

'Sun what makes you think this would work?' Green frowned.

'Green's right, I don't think Leven will-'

'He will.' Sun spoke sternly, cutting Ashe off 'He will fall for it.'

Gladion furrowed his brows, sitting up straight as he had been hunched over on the bed. 'I'm willing to hear you out, Sun, but I'm not necessarily agreeing with you.' He spoke in a soft but dull voice 'So tell me, how do you think this is going to play out?'

'So, after finding out about Megan's kidnapping I kinda went into a mental breakdown. But after my mom calmed me down I realised something; Leven doesn't know we know it was him.'

'That's... actually a good point.' Lillie muttered, placing a finger to her chin.

'So I figured, if I call him here to hang out, he'd probably only think I'd want to get my mind off my sister's disappearance.'

'So... how will any of this get him to-'

'Let me finish!' Sun glared at the Team Skull boss, causing him to immediately shut up. 'I also recall Leven saying his mother was a friend of a woman named Maria Kells when she was a child.'

Gladion let out a gasp which was only just audible for everyone to hear 'That... that was Megan's mother's name before she married her father and became an Artemus.'

'Yes. And I also remember Megan telling me her mother had a friend who disappeared some time during the experiments.'

Ashley began to piece everything together 'So you're saying that Leven and Megan's mothers were friends... and Leven's mom might have been a victim to the experiments?!'

'At least.' Sun nodded 'Haven't you noticed that Leven always seemed to have some sort of grudge against Megan?'

'Now that you mention it, yeah!' Hau's eyes widened.

'Well I may have figured out why. To prevent panic, the police force kept all identities of the experiment victims hidden. But since Red, Green and I have titles, we were able to ask them to search on Leven's family. Guess what? We found nothing. No names, no cause of death. Nothing.'

'So that's why...' Ashe trailed off.

'He's out for revenge!' Rose gasped.

'I get it now!' Gladion stood, eyes wide and fists clenched 'You can break his facade, and draw the information out of him by getting him to talk about his family!'

'That's why I have this.' Sun held up a tape recorder.

'So... what do you need us for?' Hau asked.

'Insurance.'

'Insurance?' Guzma echoed back, confused.

'If he gets out of hand, I need you to jump in. Only when it's COMPLETELY necessary though. I'd like to do this on my own, if I can. But if he panics, and tries to attack me...' he paused 'You know what to do.'

End of flashback

'You sure have a big mouth don't you, mister champion~?'

Sun's eyes widened, when on earth did he get a gun on him?

'Hands behind your head, now!' Leven demanded. Sun did as asked, slowly placing his hands behind his head and shuffling so he completely faced the gun 'Wow, Sun. When I heard the people talk saying you're really smart for a kid, well, I thought it was a pile of Touros sh*t. But wow, you actually pieced the story from absolutely nothing.'