69th Ride

Author's Note: I just wanted to thank everyone who became a part of my study! Those who helped me by answering the form I posted here. Thank you so much guys. You don't know how grateful I am right now for making things a lot easier than it should be in this tedious study (almost one year in the making 'to folks! Muntik na akong maiyak~).

Thank you... thank you... thank you.

Make Me Come song of the day: Dive by Ed Sheeran

PS: Sunday is the end of everything. Therefore, hello SEMBREAK!

PPS: So, don't call me baby unless you mean it... Don't tell me you need me if you don't believe it...

-------

It's our last day here in Paris and I decided to bring Dan here at the Eiffel Tower. If you're in Paris, you can never miss seeing this tower. Hindi buo ang pagpunta mo dito kung hindi mo mapupuntahan ang lugar na 'to.

And seeing this mighty view with those persons who are dearest to me, I don't think I could still ask for more. Kapag kasama mo ang taong mahalaga at mahal mo, wala ka na talagang mahihiling pa.

"So, you being here eradicates Eiffel Tower from your bucket list." Napalingon ako kay Dan nang sabihin niya iyon. Hindi ko alam na naalala niya pa yung patungkol sa bucket list na 'yun. I made that bucket list out of fun. Hindi ko naman talaga akalaing magagawa kong tuparin ang mga nakasulat doon.

"Yeah, if you say so."

I often hear the same response from my friends on a single question.

"When will you know if the person next to you is the one?"

Lahat sila, iisa lang ang sagot. You can feel it in the heart. The location never really mattered. Sa kusina, sa garahe, sa kwarto o maski sa banyo, if realization struck you, you should never question your feelings and just follow your instincts.

Now, while we're standing right in front of the Eiffel Tower, I'm about to make one of my wishes come true.

"Dan, remember the three wishes I asked you? Nagawa mo na ba yung una?"

He turned to me and when he grinned, I knew that he had fulfilled one of my wishes. "What do you think?"

I grinned at him. "Yes?"

Binitawan niya ang kamay ko at tsaka nilabas mula sa bulsa niya ang pulang velvet box. He placed both of his arms on my shoulders and held the box in front of my face.

"You told me that you wanted to see the moon whenever you wanted it. Halos mapiga ang utak ko sa kakaisip kung paano ko gagawin 'yun. I know how special the moon is to you and to your foster mom." He opened the box and showed a moon necklace.

Seeing a moon, flashes of memories came into my mind. I suddenly realized how life has been hard to me. Hindi madali ang mga pinagdaanan ko before I reached this point of my life where as everything had been serene.

And I want this serenity to last for a lifetime.

Inalis niya mula sa kahon yung kwintas at isinuot sa leeg ko. "Whenever you miss the moon, never hesitate to look on this necklace. No matter what time of the day, I want you to smile as you look at this."

I nodded to him. He'll never know how much this necklace means to me.

"Thank you Dan,"

"So, I fulfilled one of your wishes, may I know what's the second one?"

I turned to him and placed my hands on his nape pulling him closer to me. Nararamdaman kong unti-unti nang namumuo ang luha sa mga mata ko. I haven't even said a word but this overwhelming feeling makes me so damn emotional.