Thirteenth Cliché

Knock. Knock. Knock

"Coming." Mia hummed as she headed toward the door.

"Mia..." The male greeted the female curtly before pushing himself in to her studio through her door. Mia sighed at his intrusion knowing that he was going to patronize her for the club yesterday.

"Jungkook? What are you doing here?" Mia asked curiously as she shut the door with a gentle click.

"What I can't be here to visit my friend?" His hair covered his eyes as it was growing too long. It was obviously time for a cut.

Mia sighed and chuckled a bit. "You know I did not mean it like that."

"I know." Her friend looked up and down Mia's state of dressing. She was not wearing much. "Are you not cold?"

Mia looked down to her outfit. She had a thin, large gray shirt with her boxer shorts barely peeking underneath her shirt. She did though have warm fuzzy socks that her mother had sent three years ago.

Shrugging, Mia answered. "It got hot. I'm cooking dinner. You hungry?"

"Yeah...I could eat." He nodded, as he felt his stomach. It was half empty which basically meant that he was famished.

"Jungkook, you can always eat." Mia snorted as she headed back into the kitchen area. "I'm making pesto linguini with garlic bread.

"Awesome." Jungkook's eyes scanned her exposed legs and he was immediately uncomfortable.

It was nice. Smooth and pale, soft and thick. It was really nice to look at.

Except, of course, for all the bruises and scars that now marled her legs as if she was marbled. He frowned as he took a seat at the high table that was also used as counter space for cooking. Jungkook watched as Mia continued cooking.

Mia hummed without a specific tune or song as she cooked up their meal. She was nearly complete when she got fed up with Jungkook's staring. He was not really hiding it well.

"Come on, don't be a fetus and speak." Mia rinsed the barely used items before lathering the rest with dishwater foam. Jungkook watched as Mia cleaned up the counterspace to give more clean space for her and her childhood friend's meal.

"Mia." Jungkook started but paused. He noticed the bruise on her collarbone then, when Mia looked up at him and with the light hitting properly on her, it was clearly evident that the bruise was a love bite. He had a feeling it had been caused by an earlier event that was connected to another mark on one Taehyung Kim. He frowned even more, his eyebrows knitting together even more. He sighed, breathing out to calm himself before starting again. "You're too vulnerable."

"Me?" Her eyebrows arched quizzical at the notion.

"Yes you." His voice was stern as if he was scolding her.

Mia blinked several times, pouting her lips as she considered what Jungkook had said to her. "How?"

"In all ways..." Jungkook knew how guarded she was with her heart but that was only with her heart. His fingers patted his hair once. "Stop being indifferent."

"You know I can't do that." Mia frowned as she went to the sofa to put on her cardigan. Mia knew that Jungkook had seen her bruises on her arms, which were worse than the ones on her legs. She guessed that was probably the reason why Jungkook was acting like this. "It's just who I am."

"I know. I know." Jungkook did know. He had known Mia Jung for years. Mia had been like that since she was a young child. She was uncaring, easy going and nochalant in general but that would become, ten...one hundred times worse when it involved herself. "But Mia you can't be 'indifferent' this time. Look at you."