Twenty-first Cliché

He was sitting alone in his seat annoyed and extremely impatient.

Where was she? He thought, his teeth gritted against each other as a guttural sound of anger seeped out from his mouth.

She should have been here hours ago, but he was still alone.

"What are you doing here alone?" A girl's voice interrupted his thoughts but it wasn't the girl he wanted nor expected.

Once again, Mia Jung had decided to further belittle him. What was new?
Either way, it wasn't Mia and that pissed Taehyung even more. Why? It just did.

"I'm not." It came out forced but it had not been his intentions. Still, Taehyung regretted not hiding his emotions better.

"That's not what it looks like to me." The girl sassed at him. One of the few who did, and could, without a backlash from the powerful, intimidating heir. She only found it fun to mess with him.

Taehyung already knew who it was, so he made no attempt to even greet her or to turn around to face her.

"Layla, shut up. You're so annoying." Taehyung rolled his eyes at the girl dressed in a fancy expensive brand-name dress, probably worth a few thousand dollars. He didn't even have to turn around to know. He kept his eyes straight, not staring at anything particular.

Layla chuckled. "Oh...I am so enjoying this. I feel like some heavenly force is finally helping me get some revenge for those years ago."

Taehyung groaned and shot Layla a look. "What is that supposed to mean?"

"Come on, Taehyung. Do you know how much hurt I received from you when we dated." Layla giggled as she took a seat next to him. She slid herself on the velvet seats and got comfortable. The musical was over and everyone was mingling or heading out.

Everyone, of course, was happy or content. Everyone except Taehyung Kim.

"Once again, what is that supposed to mean?" Taehyung leaned back into his seat. Layla was never the type to listen to anyone else so he had no choice but to amuse her for the time being. "If I remember correctly, you're the one who cheated on me, then broke up with me. Do you not remember that? I was the one who was hurt."

"Ouch." Layla frowned at that. Reminders of old scars. "Fine, I admit to that." Taehyung had a look of victory, which Layla had not missed. She did not glare at him though, as annoyed as she was. Taehyung had a soft spot in her heart and that would never change. "But...Taehyung you were a horrible boyfriend who rarely wanted to even hug. You kept me a secret. In addition to the fact that some how you were okay with fucking all those girls up, except me."

Taehyung blinked, his expression reflecting only confusion.

"Oh...you didn't know I knew, did you?" Layla laughed, sincerely at that. "That's funny. Wow years after...ha. That's real funny. If you hid it or tried, you really weren't hiding it well enough." Layla informed him of his past cheatings.

"I'm sorry."

"Taehyung Kim apologizing?" Layla's eyes widened in surprise. "Wow. Never thought I would see the day." Layla paused considering Taehyung for a moment.

"What?" The silence was deafening and it bothered the male. He was already exhausted, annoyed and disappointed. He did not need Layla to rub whatever painful medication on him—figuratively.

"Oh...this is bad." Her words slow. Layla sighed, apparently the rumors were true. "So after all these years, there is a girl who finally broke the great Taehyung Kim down."

"You sound almost bitter." Taehyung noted.

"I am." Layla admits with a light shrug. "I wanted to be the one to break you."

"No one has broken me and no one will ever break me." Taehyung frowned, his brows knitting together. He was offended that Layla would think that he would break so easily.

"Not like that." Layla sighed, as she straightened up and played with her hair. "You know, I heard you haven't been getting any. No, it would be that the girls aren't getting any action from you." She pointed her finger at Taehyung's little friend.

"Layla..." Taehyung narrowed his eyes as she kept pointing to his dick.

"I know." Layla puckered her lips as she redid her red lips. "Hey, want me to give you a hand?"

Now that intrigued him.

"I'm listening."

"You're smiling...actually, sincerely smiling. Interesting. Yeah." She tapped her painted nails on the arm rest. "I'll give you a hand Taehyung. With this girl of yours."

"How?" He asked, curious.

"Taehyung, do you want her in the palm of your hands, or not?"

"Perhaps..." Taehyung drawled his words slowly. "What do you have in mind?"

"Then shut up and leave it to me." Layla gave him a big smile as she got up from the velvet cushion to meet her next appointment. "Taehyung, I want to meet her, soon."

"Why? Why would you want to meet her? She's nothing."

"Nothing?" Layla turned around  to face Taehyung who kept his back to her, still staring at the closed curtain. Typical Taehyung, she thought. He was like this since long ago, closed off and distant. But he wasn't like this always, when he was a child, sweet and innocent, he had been just that. "A girl who was able to make the one and only Taehyung Kim like this, is not nothing. I'll see you later."

"Sure. Sure." Taehyung waved Layla off before getting his phone out.

Standing on his feet now, Taehyung got out of the booth and into the desolate hallway. He had been waiting for far too long. Impatient, he brought his phone out to message his informant.

No. He would call.

In a few rings, they picked up. "Yes."

"Where is she?" He asked.

"She's with her lover." Taehyung grunted out an annoyed sigh as he kicked the nearby trash can. An usher was about to come and complain but stopped when the manager stopped him from going over to Taehyung. He continued to walk out to the lobby to the exit. "Sir?"

"Since when? What time?"

"Around 5."

"I see." Taehyung got out into the cold, uncaring the wind that bit into his skin. "And where is she now?"

"She's..." He didn't have to finish.

"She still there. What is she still doing there?" Taehyung saw that it was past 9 pm on his silver watch. .

"I-I wouldn't know."

Ugh...

Several things, there were many things she could have been doing with him. And that frustrated him. It infuriated him so much.

Mia was happy with her boyfriend and Taehyung was stuck in his state of miserableness. Mia needed to be punished, real bad and he wanted to be the one to bring down the ax.

Without saying goodbye, Taehyung ended the call to call someone else. Someone he had spoken face to face not even ten minutes ago. He would take that offer.

"Yello?!" The soprano voice chimed smugly. She knew he would have called her and she made sure he knew that. "Knew you would call. I thought earlier but hey sooner than later right?"

"Layla." Taehyung warned the female, who just giggled in response. "Can I trust you?"

"Have I ever failed you in that respect?"

"No," Taehyung admitted, "you haven't."

"I'll message you when preparations are complete."

"Sounds good."

"You owe me, Taehyung. You know that."

"Ha...have you known me to not pay someone back?" He responded back, mirroring her words.

Her response was a giggle. And unlike him, Layla was truly happy.

Unbeknownst to a certain female, the wheels were turning, and plans were set.