Seventy-sixth Cliché

He knew he was being much. He knew he was pushing it.

Yet...he could not stop himself from going and from pushing for more because doing nothing was more fearsome than anything else than losing someone.

➰➰➰

Mia was in the library, trying to get an early start of her term since her summer class was over, but she was being botheredby someone she least expected to.

Mark...

Her ex pulled at her waist, to bring her close to him. His hands, she knew so well, attempted to coax Mia into his arms but her mind and heart told her something entirely different from her body.

"Mark stop it." Mia had enough of Mark's incessant need for attention.

Mia was not only extremely busy with school work but she was also finally getting over the boy and she did not need him to confuse her already conflicted, fragile heart. And Taehyung...that was whole another level of complication.

Mark was not a quitter and he knew if he gave her space now, it was going to be bad news for him.

"No." He was more rough with his hands and his grip on her was firm.

"Please...stop." Mia asked nicely. She was not sure to how to deal with the new Mark. He was grabby. That was not specifically why Mia was wary of Mark.

She had seen Mark, in his own natural way. She had watched as he displayed his cruelty and violence—soemtbring that she had never thought he had in him. He was even malicious to those who accidentally bump into him or came near him, even if they were not Taehyung or Jungkook.

"Do you love him?" Mark raised an eye, his question thoroughly distasteful to his tongue. Mia could hear the distaste.

"No..." Mia replied quickly but somehow deep inside, she did not like how she had responded and how unsure she sounded. "This is not about him."

Mia did not want to talk about Taehyung with Mark. So she changed he subject.

"No, this is all about him." Mark closed his eyes, a sneer nearing. "Tell me," he demanded, "what is this about, if not him?"

"Mark..." Mia sighed. Every meeting with Mark, she was beginning to feel more and more drained. Every time that Mark came to see her, even though she did not particularly want to, he would end up talking about Taehyung, cruelly and in the end bringing her down mentally and emotionally. That was probably why her heart and mind abhorred being with him.

"Then what? Tell me why you're pushing me away."

"We...broke up." It did not hurt as much, Mia realized.

"After making the deal with Taheyung," Mark hissed. He remembered the betrayal, the anger.

"Yes...but it was for the best. This relationship is..." Mia was not even sure what she wanted to say.

"Is working?" Mark interrupted answering for Mia, "are you in love with him? Or are you just pretending to make it easier on yourself?"

"That," Mia rebuked, or at least tried to, "is none of your concern."

The more Mark kept voicing it out, the more it seemed to be nailed in Mia's wavering heart. And Mark's words were painfully true and the tone of his voice cruel. Being treated by Mark like that was terrible and Mia did not want to take it anymore because it made everything real. It made the truth in her heart and mind force her body to recognize it as well.