Thirty-fourth Cliché | Layla

This I must say is one of my favorite chapters...

➰➰➰

The male stood tall, his hair now dyed a fresh orange. His tall height and broad shoulder donned a light jacket and clean pants. He had sunglasses on as he waited for me, his hands in his pockets. He had scowl on but it only made him look better.

I watched him and admired him.

I couldn't help it.

No matter how long time had passed and no matter the length I was over him, he still made me drool.

But I wasn't one of those girls that sought him out day and night. I was smart enough to not fall for him.

"Taehyung." I called out to him as my heels clicked against the street.

I could see the jealous eyes of the men and women around him. He's always had that affect. Everyone wanted to be close to him, even if they didn't know who he was, they wanted to know him, to be close to him.

I sighed. I felt like it was going to be a long day.

"Layla," Taehyung looked unpleased. I could guess he'd been waiting more than three minutes. He has never had much patience. "You're late."

I looked at my favorite designer watch.

3:49 pm.

"Four minutes Taehyung. I was late four minutes. I think you can forgive me."

Taehyung's dark eyes looked at me through his sunglasses before he took his hands out of his pocket.

"Why did you call me out?" He voices out finally after a bit of staring.

"Shopping, of course." I rolled my eyes.

"Then make your boyfriend accompany you. Why drag me into this?" Taehyung said with a hint of annoyance in his voice.

"Did you really think I only brought you here for that?" I scoffed at him before grabbing his arm to the first store. A girl needed her party dress.

"Yes. You used to do this all the time before." I rolled his eyes at his complaining.

"Stop complaining. I have something to inform you anyway. Besides this is going to be fun. You might even get something from this shopping day." I smiled at the clothes that lay before me.

Oh how I wanted to try them on but I stopped myself as I knew that Taehyung would leave if I dawdled and wasted his time. It was better to be quick and efficient.

"Anyway I need a man's eyes for my anniversary with my boyfriend."

"Then ask him, not me." He frowned as he looked at one of green off-the-shoulder dress on the mannequin.

"Shut up. It's for him so I can't have him see it." I snapped at him for being so cynical.

Why was he so cynical, more so than usual? What got his knickers all twisted?

I got three dresses and took them to the fitting room while Taehyung took a seat on the velvet sofa at the waiting room.

Then a thought occurred to me as I got into the pastel pink dress.

Ohh...

"I see." I could see the Cheshire Cat smile on my face.

I turned around and pushed the curtains aside, coming out to greet the frowning male.