Thirty-first Cliché | Mark

Mia was watching me.

Constantly watching me, her eyes roamed and hesitantly watched me as if I was fragile or someone was going to assassinate her.

I also knew she had something to say to me. I could tell by the way she bit her lips inward and how her eyes would tremble slightly every time there was a silence between us.

We were at the park we usually go to on our walks. It was near her studio and so it was convenient for us.

My heart pounded into my chest as I watched Mia. It had been a few days since I saw her. And last I saw her was during that time when she came to protect me.

I loved her, more than I should, but I did.

As I watched her, I could feel my feelings grow for her more and more. I didn't know why it was like this. It just was.

Every moment with her made me who I am and finalized my life as it was now. With her, I didn't need anything else. I didn't need my old life. I was fine with being just Mark.

"M-Mark." She finally called to me  after a while. Her fingers still in my own, she pulled them out so she could face me.

Finally. I was ready for whatever she will say. Then after I could say what I needed to. Because she needed to know too that I wasn't going to let him ruin our lives.

Mia was my responsibility. It was time for me to come back. I would protect her and even if eyes find me again I would continue to be with her.

"Mia." I interrupted her. "Please looked at me."

"I am." Mia wasn't able to easily bring out what she wanted to say to me. That only made my curiosity bigger. Exactly what was she hiding from me?

Her eyes were moistened with tears and they were red as if she had been crying or not been sleeping. I reached out for her cheeks and caressed them before pulling her face closer gently and slowly. I whispered, her name lingering on my tongue like a sweet homemade sugar candy.

"Mia, I love you." I said, the words slippingout like melted butter, as the wind blew gently, her eyes widening at my words.

She choked slightly. "I love you too."

I chuckled ather now sobbing.

I couldn't help but notice how beautiful she looked with tears flowing, how the water in her eyes made her eyes sparkle brighter.

Mia

She looked down at her buzzing phone and put it away with a bigger frown. Her eyes down low, she kissed me one more time before leaving me and going inside. Even with her safely inside her apartment, I could not help the distaste that was in my tongue, the off beating of my heart made it difficult for me to take my step away from the door.

➰➰➰

Mia's lips lingered on my lips. Even after the many hours that had passed, I was left with the sweet taste of orange from her lip balm.

Perhaps it was a premonition or perhaps it was me being paranoid. Or it was both.

Either way, something was wrong.

It was like an itchy rash that existed under your skin.