Forty-ninth Cliché

Slowly...slowly. It's going to change. It's a bit strange, this chapter, but it's needed.

Also update because I'm off work for the Fourth of July. I finally had time to organize the information in my head.

➰➰➰

Mia was not sure what she was feeling.

All she knew was that she needed to avoid the man like she was avoiding a curse, or the mummy that was reborn and desired to sacrifice her to his dead girlfriend.

Life was already complicated and Mia now felt that it had gotten 20 times more complicated and frustrated than before. Her mind was about to explode and the headaches that came with it was draining her energy to even deal with school or eating. If it was not for the fact that her love for food was so great, she would have skipped eating and sleeping to get some peace, but sleep was also a problem.

It had been another day for Mia. Another day of her avoiding Taehyung, but it had only been an attempt.

Because currently for her, she was stuck with the male, who blocked her path. It seemed that he had enough of her dawdling. She could tell from his face.

"Look at me." The male demanded from the female that stood before him, her shoulder slacked but her back straight. Her eyes were darting to the ceiling to the floor and then to the sides. It was obvious that she was trying to avoid him. "Mia..." he growled, "Look at me."

"No." She said, the word that escaped her almost a sigh.

"And you were such a good girl last week." He groaned as he rolled his shoulders before clicking his tongue on the top of his mouth. He couldn't deny that he felt real good when she gave it easy to him.

"I'm not a child." Mia grumbled out but for some odd reason she was unable to truly voice out her annoyance. It was most likely because she was not so annoyed. Perhaps she had gotten used to him?

"You are." He grunted out, his head shaking at her. "Now, tell me why you've been avoiding me."

"I'm not." Mia said as she took a step back, her hands immediately went behind her back. She took another step before turning around and walking—no speed running—away from the "boyfriend."

The boyfriend watched as she tried to escape from him, but he knew better. He had known the moment Mia began looking over her shoulders that she was trying to run away. He groaned as he massaged his temples slowly. He was not in such a hurry because he was much, much faster than Mia's shorter legs.

Taehyung caught up to her easily, and once he was able to grab her, he lifted her up on his shoulders as her hands flailed around until she grasped his shoulders for support and balance.

"What are you doing?" Mia could feel her embarrassment paint her cheeks red.

Everyone was staring at them. Since agreeing on the deal with Taehyung and the breakup with Mark, Mia had slightly gotten used to being talked about and glanced at but this time everyone was staring at her without the intent to stop. It was killing her insides that she was nearly begging.

Hitting his strong back, "Taehyung, let me down."

"No." He grumbled as she continued to beat his back down with her fists, but he pushed it aside as it was barely a smack or a brush to him. His eyes were on the Lodge. He didn't like the way everyone was staring at them. It annoyed him more so than usual. "Mia be a good girl and calm down."

"How the hell am I supposed to be calm when you are carrying me like a damn corpse!" She shouted as lowly as she could. The last thing she wanted is more eyes on her and there were plenty. "Ugh..."