Sixty-first Cliché

So I never really thought this book would be this long. I think it might be longer than Blood Saga...

➰➰➰

Taehyung watched as Mia slept. Her hair was wet but he did not want to wake her up. He dried her body as best as he could and settled her deep in the heavy covers. He sighed as he felt the soft wind from her nose.

She was breathing.

She was alive.

"Mia...I'm never letting you go." He kissed her soft cheeks. He promised, "never."

Taehyung watched her peacefully sleep and every once in a while he would check to make sure that air was flowing and out of her button nose. He watched for hours, letting his eyes get a large dosage of Mia's features.

He only stopped when he heard light knocking on the door. Moving slowly, and quietly he got to the door and opened it just to see who it was.

"I brought food," Layla held the tray of food for Taehyung. "Let me in."

"No," Taehyung didn't budge, not even for Layla.

"Taehyung," he could tell Layla was beginning a scolding but he did not care, "don't be rude and let me in. Even if you're not hungry, Mia must be."

"She's sleeping. She can eat when she wakes." Taehyung sighed but he did not push the door further open. "I'll take care of Mia."

"You'll take care of her...?" Layla was incredulous at the thought of the Taehyung Kim taking care of anyone. He could barely take care of himself.

"Why? You don't believe me?" He rolled his brown eyes, his eyebrows straight. "Come tomorrow, Layla, in the morning, when she's had her rest."

Layla sighed her lips in a pout as she watched herself get slammed out of Taehyung's room. She walked away knowing how stubborn the male was. She would have to double check on Mia later in the morning.

➰➰➰

It had been two days since the near drowning incident. And Jimin had yet to have a proper conversation with Mia—but not for the lack of trying.

"Mia I'm really sorry."

Mia honestly had lost count on the amount of times Jimin had apologized.

"It's okay. Really, Jimin...I am fine." Before Mia could smile at the apologetic male, she was lifted from her feet and away from him. "Taehyung! What are you doing?"

"Taking you out." Taehyung glanced back at Jimin, who had a small pout, but Taehyung was still mad at Jimin for almost drowning Mia. "Layla, move." He looked at Layla who was blocking him.

"Where are you taking Mia?" Layla quirked an eyebrow as Mia was settled on her feet once more.

"Someplace where you don't need to know." The male told Layla.

"Taehyung..." Mia wanted to see Taehyung relax a bit. Since the drowning incident on the waters, the last thing she wanted was to instigate something with Taehyung, especially a fight. "Layla, we will be back soon."

"Fine," Layla frowned and kept it when she saw Mia lock her fingers with Taehyung. She noticed that there was an immediate reaction from the male. She sighed as she watched them walk out the doors.

"Hmph," Jimin crossed his arms, he wasn't annoyed. He was just kind of sad that he was getting the silent treatment from Taehyung. "I really didn't mean to."

"They know. Gosh, Jimin, I didn't know you were such a poor puppy."

"Shut up." Jimin grumbled, his lips pressed out further. "You have Taehyung mad at you."