Forty-fifth Cliché

"If it isn't the love birds."

Multiple voices overlapped and interrupted the two. One was fine with the interruption but the other was annoyed and had a scowl on his handsome face.

"What are you all doing here?" Taehyung groaned before he turned to look at the intruders.

Taehyung stuffed his hands in his pockets before stepping away from Mia, just enough that there was a foot between them. Mia had tried lengthening the distance but Taehyung had foreseen it and tugged her closer by her waist but he kept his eyes on Mia.

"Layla invited us. You're not the only one she likes." Jin says before he leaves them to head toward something. He had not even looked at Taehyung and Mia. His goal was one thing: food.

Mia understood. She wanted to follow him too.

"And he's off." Jimin laughs as he hangs his arms around Jungkook's shoulders, who amusingly smiled.

"At least he came to say hi before going to the food." Namjoon laughs heartily as he takes a wineglass from the waiter. "Anyway, when you said you were not coming with us, I thought you weren't coming at all."

"I knew it. I knew you were going to bring Mia." Jimin clapped.

"You look new Mia." Yoongi yawned out. He looked fresh as well in a clean black suit, with a black tie. For once he did not look like he was dying from exhaustion.

"Like a new doll." Namjoon smiled. Mia liked his smile, the dimples were adorable.

"You should leave him and come with me." Jimin smiled as he pushed his hand out to Mia. He wanted a dance with the pretty girl.

"No." Taehyung pulled her hand away from Jimin.

"Guess not." Jimin raised his hands in defeat.

Jimin pulled back with a chuckle. He had not missed Taehyung's deadly glare aimed at him. It was cute that Taehyung was jealous.

"Save me a dance, okay." Jimin winked before he went to go flirt with another girl. One that was free and single.

"Ignore him." Taehyung whispered, into Mia's ears. "You're not going to dance with him. Nor anyone else."

"Why not?" Mia asked. She wouldn't mind dancing. She had fond memories of dancing. It was one thing she really enjoyed.

"Because you're not." Taehyung stood behind Mia and slowed the plate of food back in her hands. He found it easier to control Mia with food on hand. "Just eat Mia. Eat."

Jungkook stared and was slightly impressed at Taehyung. It seemed that he knew how to control Mia very well. With good food.

"Don't be a partypooper." Jungkook said as he gave Mia his hand. Mia giggled as she took it happily. There was no reason to even think about rejecting Jungkook. "Come Mia, lets go dance."

Jungkook smiled because Taehyung was not the only one who knew how to coax Mia.

Mia did not see the scowl on Taehyung's face as she walked to dance floor with Jungkook.

"You look nice." Mia stared up at Jungkook as they danced. She smiled wide at the compliment.

"Thanks. You don't look bad too!" Mia lightly punched Jungkook as they danced slow. Jungkook groaned at the hit.

"I always look this good." Jungkook smirked a fancy smile as he chuckled at her. It was nice, dancing with her. Something that they had not done since they were wee babies. "Mia, I got to say..."

"What?" Mia cautiously asked. From how Jungkook had been so cautious to begin, she was already nervous. Because she was already going down memory lane. "W-what is it?"