2: A Fatal Fight*

Brody was in a lucky position from the get go. He had a pistol, a shotgun, bandages, and a easy way out Pleasant Park. His worry wasn't getting out, but getting to Fatal Fields unscathed. He knew that survivors from Pleasant are heavily armed compared to him by a considerable amount. He was talking about rifles that outrange his rusty pistol, grenades that can destroy a whole fortress with 3 or 4. He wasn't in offensive combat ready; he figured that he was mostly going to play on the defense until he gets reliable weapons. He observed the remaining survivors from his window what weaponry they were toting. It was nothing compared on Brody's level. They were dropping participants left and right with blue irradiating shotguns, blue AR15's and purple Snipers of both sorts. Brody had researched these weapons on the weapon encyclopedia on his wrist tablet on the way there and was interested at their properties. These weapons weren't any ordinary weapons like the ones Brody had. They could hit harder, faster, and were deadly accurate. Accurate enough to nail a target center mass 300 meters away with a disciplined trigger finger, something Aaron had demonstrated at the shooting range.

Brody made sure he was to stay clear from them until he can be up their level in terms of weaponry. Brody clasped his finger on his pencil by his chained necklace and broke it free. Brody looked intensely in the dark purple metallic graphite which dispersed a light purple vapor. As he concentrated his mental strength, he felt the power of the pencil grow by sound. The sound of a auric hum took over his sensorial abilities and blocked out all gunfire and chaos around him. It was like he found peace in a war zone.
He felt a blueprint grow heavy for what it was in his left belt pouch. He rolled the blueprint sheet out from his hand and saw a large box within the center of the blueprint. Brody concentrated on what he wanted to build and it became reality on the paper. He imagined a set of stairs, the image would appear on the paper by white marker or chalk. He manipulated these basic structures and burned their corners and lines in his brain.

Storm approaches in 1 minute

The wrist tablet caught him off his train of thought and is snatched back into reality. He placed the pencil tightly under his belt for easy access and rolled the blueprint back in its original place. Brody grasped his pistol and headed out the back door towards the field. The walk to Fatal Fields was too quiet for Brody's liking. After all the hectic gunfire back in Pleasant didn't sit well in his stomach. He had the tendency to look over his shoulder ever 10 steps or so. He looked around the bushes and trees as they were grown a healthy green chlorophyll color as if they was watered every day. By the time he hit the river, the storm was closing in.
The wrist tablet commenced a countdown in a bold red font with 2 minutes remaining. Brody looked behind and haven't found the storm in the distance yet. Henceforth, had time to loot if he had somewhere to do so to begin with. No, he shook his head and focused on the trek there. He hadn't known this, but he was halfway there to Fatal Fields when Pleasant was overtaken by the storm. Since his good judgement saved his risk of the storm, he was greatly rewarded when he arrived there first, sort of.

Enemies from Greasy Grove and Flush Factory was already on their way there to Fatal Fields when the storm had commenced. He had to pick up the pace in order not to cross paths with them, which was the last thing he had wanted. He lightly jogged there while juggling his awareness around him with his big breaths hindering his hearing.
A brick shed had caught his attention. He prayed that there was a rifle for him to use. A pistol wouldn't do so well at range obviously. Worse thing about it, he only had a 16 round magazine left since he used the other back at Pleasant. He didn't want to think about the shotgun as it was a last resort. Brody, he rejected the idea about the position he'll put himself in if that was the case.

He slammed open the door and found a grey AR15 glowing while its light lit up the poorly lit shed. As soon as he touched it, the aura disappeared and seeped into his wrist tablet by a thin cone of vapor. A image of the rifle appeared suddenly on Brody's wrist pad. The picture informed him on its strengths and weaknesses, such as damage over feet, fire Rate, and force of impact. Brody took note and checked the magazine and pulled the charging handle and flipped the selector to fire. He peeks his head out from the door and looked both ways before exiting