21: New Faces, New Motive*

Friday had came too fast for the gang. Louis had set an all time record for himself and finished 4, 200 to 300 page novels in a 4 days. Emma had finished her galactic painting and hung it on the wall next to her bed. Alex sipped on her mocha and personalized her wrist pad to configure the settings to her liking. And Aaron was too busy playing catch up with his new drama he'd gotten hooked to. The gang was totally unmotivated to go to the faction meet up, almost to the point where they were going to scrap the invitation. But Louis had told the gang that they were giving up such a perfect opportunity. With reliable teammates and leaders, there were going to succeed in the long run. The gang shrugged into some casual wear and headed out around 4PM in the event room.

The even room was triple the size as a normal high school gym. The floor appeared to be permanently polish, there was a stage at the end of the room where a black podium stood. Doors from the opposite side of the stage led to the kitchen where chefs served massive amounts of food for guest. With the Anthrax faction welcoming meet here, the room was packed. The event room not only had tons of guests there, but servers holding platters with a white glove and bartenders at the corners of the room. The entrance had a ticket booth where red tickets where handed out to each person entering.

"Welcome to the Anthrax and Kryptic faction meet up." The middle aged, short haired brunette ticketeer greeted. "Tickets are for alcohol services. Enjoy!"

Aaron rubbed the ticket and smiled, but Alex saw straight through him like a glass pane. Aaron glanced over to Alex and she shook her head.

"Aww." He pouted.

Emma searched through the crowds in search for something interesting. "We need to be respectful and professional here, alright laddies?"

Alex nodded. "As always."

Aaron seemed confused. "What are we suppose to do here? Just wait until someone walks up to us?"

Louis snatched a event schedule and skimmed it.

"Seems like the introduction starts at 5. We are several minutes early." He noticed.

"Let's take a table then." Alex planned.

As they searched for a table, Aaron had clumsily bumped into a man and received a aggressive glare from a short haired blonde.
Aaron threw his hands up in defense and followed Alex to an empty table. Alex counted 8 seats around the black dressed, circular table, perfectly noted for 2 squads here to meet, she assumed. She sat down at the end next to Aaron with Emma on the other side. Alex had thought to herself that she needs to lay off. Is she afraid of being alone or something?

Louis had felt comfortable sitting at the ends as he keeps himself always occupied with something to do. Even if it came down to fiddling his thumbs, he was never bored. That was good on Alex because she doesn't have to manage or worry about him. Aaron on the other hand, she calls him a big baby.

5 minutes after 6, the man recruiting had stepped onto the stage and cleared his throat on the mic. Several chairs in the stage had filled up with several men that seemed important. The man at the stage looked nervous and tried to collect his thoughts, but the massive crowd faltered his mind. Aaron etched over to Alex and whispers,

"Y'know, that's our future leader up there. Aaannnd he ain't lookin too good."

Alex nabbed on Aaron's shoulder. "I will like to see you up there."

"W- welcome everybody. How's everyone doing?"

The crowd cheered and applauded.

"Today is the Anthrax and Kryptic faction meet."