4: The Duo Drag*

Aaron returned back to his dorm via the Battle Bus.
He sat in the very back staring into space about that fact that his pencil was lost.

"Crafty." He puffed in depression as he rubbed his temples.

The robot piloting the bus turned its head and contemplated Aaron with its glowing blue spheres for eyes. "Seems like you've won 5 solo games pitted against 500 participants."

Aaron shrugged off that accomplishing feat. "Yeah."

"What's the matter? Lost Crafty?" The robot said as his captain cap was vibrating on top of his dome.

Aaron snapped back into reality and faced the robot. "How'd you know?"

The robot spun back towards the windshield and flew towards the island where Aaron was held up at for the past weeks.

"I see everything. I don't just drive this bus everyday."

Mentioning the bus.

Aaron had crossed a bus once on the arena. He raised the question, "What's the story on that one bus in the arena?"

The Robot whirled and spun its head in excitement.
"You're quick to forget, Aaron. It's both mysterious, scary, and quite fitting for your personality!"

"Changing the subject, eh?" Aaron caught on.

The robot paused.

"That brings this up as well. Do you even have a name?" Aaron frowned.

The robot sneered. "My Name is BR-2.0" he replied in his cheerful robotic voice.

Aaron's eyebrow plunged in confusion. "2.0? There was another one?"

"It is connected with the fallen battle bus. I supposingly don't do this often as people don't see me as a person, but an engineering slave. So, I'll spill the beans about the myth."

"Engineer slave? Ok."

Aaron was on the edge of his seat. Myth?

"Years ago. The heroes themselves were in a Battle Royale systematic game like this in 2039, just a year after Hell. The 4 had won the game and was placed in the 4 out of 120 participants around the globe."

"So this isn't the first instance of the game?" Aaron figured.

"That's right! The first early year of FORTNITE had some flaws that "Einstein" participants would take advantage of in each game. Such as overachieving the shield limit to 1000%, manipulating structures to use less resources... those of sorts. So, FORTNITE was shut down for months after the cheating riots and hacks, leaving the Heroes rewardless of freedom in the long run."

"What the hell does this have to do with the bus?"

BR 2.0 whirled it's head again with great speeds. "Oh right! It seemed like I've been going off track!"

Aaron hummed. "Is he talking a bit too much?" He whispered towards himself.

"The last FORTNITE Battle Royale was in the end of 2040. November to be specific. Hacking and riots were out of control, the only thing to help it is to shut it down for years. Until 2042, they brought it back, new and improved!" BR-2.0 replied enthusiastically.

"Hmm. So who controls the early FORTNITE Company?"

The robot puffed exhaust out of its ears and replied. "The New Government of Militaristic Commanders. The game your participating in right now are being controlled by the Heroes themselves."

Aaron's eyes shot open. "The Heroes?!?"

Aaron sat behind the robot for a leisure conversation.