28: Tension

After the first squad win, Kryptic and Anthrax members had attended to a victory party in the event room where the meeting was held.

Shortly after the event started, a toast was made to remember those who had gave their life for the faction. To uphold their ego of being one of the best out there; that included Gabriela into the mix as well. It was unfortunate that one of Aaron's acquaintance had died in the first faction battle before the grand finals in the district. As that toast was made with Aaron's gang forming a circle of unity, he recalled all those enjoyable memories that led up to now.

The time when Giles and Louis had their first bowl of ramen at Saber's ramen shop. The time when Alex had clawed her fingernail polish and held herself up in the corner. Louis having his first drink underage and then laughing at him for being such a innocent boy by reading his books. He also remember the morbid memories too with a bad taste in his mouth as well. Tyler dying a horrible death, leaving Saber's beloved ramen shop behind, and almost dying himself. Not only that, but concerning Alex and Giles to the point where Alex had cried. He hadn't known that Alex had cried, but she really did care about him. He didn't know yet what her intentions were just yet.

Jumping from the first faction game to the third, with the second as the same outcome as the first game, complication came around. Not just associated with the faction, but personal matters as well. Specifically, with Alex and Aaron. In the third to final faction match against Nexus, Connor had died in a security infiltration breach at nighttime. With a grenade launcher smashing through the window and landing in the HQ command center. It not only had killed Conner, it had massively injured Devin and his morality. You might think after all of this he would toughened it out and shake it off. No, Devin hasn't taken the initiative for a faction meeting about the matter. Instead, he's been held up in his room and Alex didn't take this lightly, leading to issue in the room of their own.

"37 to 0." Louis said as he reviewed the numbers.

Alex paced back in forth in front of Aaron, who lounged and relaxed on the sofa with his right foot propped on his knee.

"I don't know after all of this time why he's acting like this." Aaron said.

Alex had noted something. "He did say the first time we met him that it isn't about numbers, but the effectivity of those numbers."

Louis nodded in agreement. "Like the battle of Thermopylae. 300 Spartans versus countless heads of Persian warriors. Not only have the Spartans died, but Leonidas too."

Aaron shook his head in disapproval. "Quite being so dramatic, guys. Probably 20 Spartans our of the 300 died in our scenario, including Leonidas. And it feels like he had gotten god smacked in the face or some shit." 

"Not only did our combat and executive died, but Devin hasn't stepped up to the plate since. We thought he would shrug it off at least since he's been through this." Alex said.

"C'mon, we don't even know the guy. Connor and Devin probably were really good friends or something."

Louis cupped his chin with his head and thought outside the box for a moment. However, he couldn't use numbers to help this situation any further than the analogy.

This was the time Alex needed to take over. She never ever thought she had to do this since significant others did it for her. She had remembered the last time she had done this, but the stakes are high there for the gang. Aaron and the gang walked out the Battle Bus unscathed last week, but this faction fight had crippled both Anthrax and Kryptic with a secret weapon they had under their sleeve.

Nighttime assault. Alex had realized that clearly.

"Why are we so tense about this?" He said as he relaxed. "We can go to Sukuja with the guy."